You don't have to give up your old favorite recipes just because you are eating vegetarian! These vegan "meatballs" made in bulk with Beyond Beef Ground and Beyond Hot Italian Sausage are perfect for all of your meatball recipes. I think the flavor and texture of this homemade version is far superior to the frozen vegetarian meatballs available at grocery stores. This recipe makes about 5 pounds of meatballs, but you can scale to fit your needs.
Try the pineapple and meatball kabobs pictured above by marinating the cooked vegetarian meatballs in our soy and ginger marinade for about 15 minutes then grilling until meatballs are heated through and pineapple pieces are just starting to brown on the edges. Check out the additional recipes you can make with these vegetarian meatballs at the bottom of this post.
Use vegetarian meatballs in any recipe calling for meatballs, and even try substituting them for beef stew meat in recipes. I made a delicious version of Beef and Guinness Stew using these vegetarian meatballs instead of stew meat. The meatballs still had excellent texture after cooking for several hours—their form held up very well during the extended cooking time.
Vegetarian Meatballs for the Freezer
- 4 lbs. Beyond Beef Plant-Based Ground
- 14 oz. Hot Italian Flavor Beyond Sausage Plant-Based Links
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ¼ cup A.1. sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl by using your hands. (Yes, it's easiest to just get messy and mix away!) If your mixture is a little too dry add a little more A.1. sauce. If your mixture is a little too moist, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Shape into 1" to 2" balls as preferred.
- Sauté in batches on the stovetop until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Allow to cool. Divide into 5 portions in labeled, freezer safe containers.
Nutrition per serving
Try Vegetarian Meatballs in These Recipes: