These homemade vegetarian meatballs are the perfect complement to pineapple on delicious kabobs marinated in a soy-garlic sauce.
⏲️ Time needed
Grilled Vegetarian "Meatball" & Pineapple Kabobs takes about an hour to prepare and cook plus four hours marinating time. Plan on five hours from start to finish, including making the meatballs, cutting the pineapple, marinating the kabobs, and grilling.
- Beyond Beef Ground
- Beyond Hot Italian Sausage
- Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- A.1. sauce
- garlic salt
- onion powder
Soy Garlic Marinade
- soy sauce
- red wine vinegar
- brown sugar
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- fresh pineapple
I do not suggest trying to marinate and grill the meatballs raw as they will be more likely to fall apart during grilling. By cooking them first, they have more holding power when put on the skewers.
Yes! In fact, this recipe is a scaled-down version of our recipe for bulk vegetarian meatballs for the freezer, which makes 5 pounds of meatballs.
Grilled Vegetarian "Meatball" & Pineapple Kabobs
- 1 pound Beyond Beef Plant-Based Ground
- 3 ounces Hot Italian Flavor Beyond Sausage Plant-Based Links (1 link)
- ⅕ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons A.1. sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅕ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅕ teaspoon onion powder
Soy Garlic Marinade
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pineapple, fresh
- Remove casing from Beyond Sausage Hot Italian link and place the Beyond sausage into a large bowl.
- Add all other meatball ingredients to the sausage in the bowl and mix using your hands. (Yes, it's easiest to just get messy and mix away!) If your mixture is a little too dry add a little more A.1. sauce. If your mixture is a little too moist, add a little more bread crumbs.
- When the mixture holds together well but is not dry, shape into 2" balls.
- Sauté in batches on the stovetop until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Slice top and bottom from pineapple with a large knife.
- Remove skin from pineapple by cutting with a large knife from top to bottom in strips.
- Slice pineapple lengthways into quarters.
- Stand each quarter on end and slice off the core so that all that is left is the sweet flesh.
- Lay the quarters on their sides and slice into chunks large enough to secure on skewers.
- Alternate cooked vegetarian meatballs and pineapple on skewers and marinate in soy-garlic marinade for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill over medium heat until pineapple is brown on the edges and vegearian meatballs are heated through. Serve immediately.