We have two sweet and sour meatball recipes – this one includes water chestnuts and bell peppers for a little extra texture and flavor. Click here for the quick and easy six ingredient version of sweet and sour meatballs.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Rice
- 14 oz can pineapple chunks with juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 lb. frozen cooked meatballs, thawed and browned
- 5 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- In a large pan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Blend in water, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Add pineapple chunks with juice and stir.
- Turn heat on low; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Carefully stir in meatballs, water chestnuts, and green pepper.
- Heat to a boiling and simmer about 10 minutes stirring meatballs occasionally.