We have two sweet and sour meatball recipes - this one includes water chestnuts and bell peppers for a little extra texture and flavor. Click here for the quick and easy six ingredient version of sweet and sour meatballs.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs with Rice
Meatballs with water chestnuts and pineapple make a delicious and easy stir fry.
- 14 oz can pineapple chunks with juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lb. frozen cooked meatballs, thawed and browned
- 5 oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- In a large pan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Blend in water, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Add pineapple chunks with juice and stir.
- Turn heat on low; cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Carefully stir in meatballs, water chestnuts, and green pepper.
- Heat to a boiling and simmer about 10 minutes stirring meatballs occasionally.
Serve over hot cooked rice (not included in nutrition data).
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 451 calCarbohydrates: 38 gProtein: 20 gFat: 24 gSodium: 158 mgFiber: 2 gSugar: 29 g
Leave a Reply