Week 5 Summary
Notes for this week
|Italian Flank Steak (save leftovers)||Roasted Potatoes||Brussels Sprouts|
|Swedish Meatballs||Egg Noodles||Green Beans|
|Beef with Broccoli (planned leftovers)||Rice|
|Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder||Baguette Slices|
|Spinach Lasagna||Italian Bread||Salad|
🗓️ Day 1
- Italian Flank Steak
- Roasted Potatoes
- Brussels Sprouts
Italian Flank Steak
- 1.2 oz (2 pkgs) Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 ½ Tbsp oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 lb. flank steak
- In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing together the dressing mix, oil, and lemon juice. Marinate steak in marinade overnight (or all day) in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil on medium heat about 5-7 minutes per side until done. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 4 lbs. small red potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Italian seasoning such as Rosa Maria, affiliate link
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and half or quarter so that pieces are uniform in size. Dry with a paper towel as much as possible. Add olive oil and toss to coast. Sprinkle with seasoning and mix well.
- Bake, stirring periodically, for 25-30 minutes or until tender inside and somewhat crisp outside.
- This recipe makes enough potatoes to serve for a meal and use 2 lbs. in Roasted Red Potato Salad.
🗓️ Day 2
- Swedish Meatballs
- Egg Noodles
- Green Beans
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 1 lb frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- oil for sautéing if necessary
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ tsp salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream, room temperature
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Brown meatballs in a skillet using a small amount of oil if necessary.
- Combine remaining ingredients for sour cream sauce. Gently mix sour cream sauce into meatballs and heat thoroughly.
- Drain noodles when cooked and serve meatballs on cooked noodles.
🗓️ Day 3
- Beef with Broccoli (planned leftovers)
Easy Beef with Broccoli using Leftover Steak
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. cooked steak, London broil, or firm cut of roast, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
- Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cooked London Broil and toss until well coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet; add leftover steak and stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute.
- Remove meat from skillet. Heat remaining oil in pan; add broccoli, stir-frying for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and remaining water; add soy mixture and cooked beef to skillet.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over cooked rice.
🗓️ Day 4
- Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder
- Baguette Slices
Tex-Mex Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 cups chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 29.5 oz canned creamed style corn
- 4.5 oz can diced green chilies, drained & rinsed
- 4 oz jar pimientos, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- tortilla chips for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté chicken in oil until cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add half & half, cheese, corn, and green chilies. Cook and stir gently over low heat until the cheese is melted, making sure to reduce heat if you notice any sticking on the bottom of the pan. Stir in pimiento.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with tortilla chips and cilantro, if desired.
🗓️ Day 5
- Spinach Lasagna
- Italian Bread
Slow Cooker Spinach Lasagna
- 16 oz. box lasagna noodles
- 32 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ cup water
- non-stick cooking spray
- Spray bottom and sides of a slow cooker with non-stick spray. Spread a few spoonfuls of sauce on the bottom of slow cooker to avoid noodles sticking.
- Break uncooked lasagna noodles into pieces; place ⅓ of the broken lasagna noodles in a layer on bottom of the pot. Pour about ⅓ of the sauce evenly over the noodles. Next, place ½ of the ricotta and ⅓ of the mozzarella over the sauce. Place ½ of the spinach on top of the cheese. Place a few spoonfuls of sauce lightly over the spinach.
- Repeat the layers starting with the broken noodles, then sauce, cheeses, spinach, and a little more sauce. Finally, layer the last ⅓ of the broken noodle pieces over the top. Cover noodles completely with remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Pour water around the edges; cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.