This quick stir fry with homemade ginger-soy sauce is a perfect meal to make with leftovers from London broil, flank steak, skirt steak, or other firm cut of beef.
⏲️ Time needed
Beef with Broccoli is a quick skillet meal using cooked steak—prep is 10-15 minutes and cook time is about 10 minutes. This meal can be on the table in 20-25 minutes.
Beef with Broccoli is a leftover steak recipe where the steak is mixed with broccoli florets in a homemade ginger-soy sauce served over rice.
Of all my leftover steak ideas, I like this one the best because it is easy, flavorful, and can be a full meal by itself. It’s perfect when made using leftover London Broil from our Easy Crockpot London Broil recipe or leftovers from grilled steak.
I like to plan leftovers (cooking extra for the purpose of using the leftovers in recipes like this) into my meal plans instead of chancing whether I will have leftovers or not. Because let’s face it—if you have teenagers, you probably won’t have enough steak leftover to try this delicious recipe if you don’t make extra!
- leftover sliced steak, London broil, round steak, skirt steak, or other firm cut of beef
- broccoli florets
- cooked rice
- garlic powder
- vegetable oil
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- ground ginger
Adding a bit of sesame oil is optional but gives more depth of flavor.
Of course, if you’d like to add other ingredients that you have on hand, you could add shredded or chopped carrots, sliced mushrooms, water chestnuts, or other stir-fry ingredients. I’m a fan of the simple combination of beef and broccoli, though.
Make a slurry of 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Add the leftover steak and toss until well coated.
Heat oil in a large skillet (add a few drops of sesame oil if you wish) and add the steak. Stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute. Use a light hand here since the steak is already cooked and only needs to be reheated.
Remove the reheated steak from the skillet. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the broccoli. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining cornstarch and water. Add the soy mixture and the steak to skillet.
Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve over cooked rice.
Easy Beef with Broccoli using Leftover Steak
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. cooked steak, London broil, or firm cut of roast, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
- Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cooked London Broil and toss until well coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet; add leftover steak and stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute.
- Remove meat from skillet. Heat remaining oil in pan; add broccoli, stir-frying for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and remaining water; add soy mixture and cooked beef to skillet.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Nutrition per serving
📌 Pin this recipe