These steak sandwiches are quick and easy to make and fun and delicious to eat.
Steak Sandwiches with Cheese and Peppers
- 2 boneless steaks
- Your preference of steak seasoning to taste, Montreal Steak Seasoning is recommended
- 1-2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 6 sandwich rolls
- Butter as needed for toasting rolls
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- Season steaks to taste. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Cook steak on both sides until well browned and cooked to desired doneness. Set aside.
- Cook onion and peppers in the same skillet, using more oil if needed, until soft, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Butter and toast sandwich rolls under the broiler until lightly toasted. Slice meat against the grain. Divide meat into serving size portions and place each portion in a pile in the skillet. Top with peppers and onions then cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and meat to get slightly reheated. Use a spatula to place meat and onion/peppers onto a toasted bun.
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 23g | Sodium: 600mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Net Carbs: 33g
Pin this recipe: