Tender and delicious, Italian Flank Steak is a perfect meal for a busy night. Not only is prep quick and easy for this marinated roast, but it is a good way to plan leftovers and use the remaining meat in a dish like Beef with Broccoli or Italian Beef Hoagies. (And you need to plan extra, because this is so good that you won't have any leftovers otherwise!)
⏲️ Time needed
Actual prep and cook time is under 10 minutes, but the meat needs to marinate overnight or all day.
- 2 pkgs Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- lemon juice
- flank steak
In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing together the dressing mix, oil, and lemon juice. Marinate the steak overnight (or all day) in the refrigerator.
Grill or broil on medium heat about 5-7 minutes per side until done. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.
❄️ Freezer instructions
You can freeze meat right in its marinade so that when you thaw it, it's ready to cook. I suggest that the first time you make this, you buy 2-3 flank steaks and marinate the first one for dinner and freeze the other one(s) in the marinade for a future meal.
Italian Flank Steak
- 1.2 oz (2 pkgs) Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 ½ tablespoon oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 lb. flank steak
- In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing together the dressing mix, oil, and lemon juice. Marinate steak in marinade overnight (or all day) in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil on medium heat about 5-7 minutes per side until done. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.
Nutrition per serving
🥗 Side dishes
Steak and homemade fries or baked potatoes were always paired when I was growing up, so it has stuck with me. I like to add a green vegetable—either a green salad or something roasted or steamed—for a simple but delicious meal.
📌 Pin this recipe
Leave a Reply