Week 3 Summary
Notes for this week
|Sweet and Sour Meatballs||White Rice||Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas|
|Roast Beef Picante||Baked Potatoes||Sautéed, Grilled, or Broiled Asparagus|
|Vegetable Stir Fry||White Rice||Green Salad|
|Swiss Chicken||Corn||Green Beans|
|Taco Mac Salad|
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- White Rice
- Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 24 frozen cooked meatballs, thawed and browned
- Mix all ingredients except meatballs in a large saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve over cooked rice.
Sautéed Sugar Snap Peas
- 8 oz sugar snap peas, raw
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- Melt butter in a small fry pan.
- Add sugar snap peas and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently, until peas are covered with butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until peas are tendercrisp and bright green.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Roast Beef Picante
- Baked Potatoes
- Sautéed, Grilled, or Broiled Asparagus
Roast Beef Picante
- ½ C. onion, finely chopped
- ¼ C. water
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp thyme, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 C. beef broth
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- For marinade, combine onion, water, lime juice, garlic, oil, ¼ tsp thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place beef in a bowl. Pour marinade over meat, cover bowl, and refrigerate 6-8 hours. Remove meat from marinade, discard leftover marinade.
- Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until done.
- Remove meat from pan, cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan combine any pan drippings, beef broth, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to low and stir until thickened.
- Season gravy with parsley and remaining thyme and serve over meat.
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 6 tsp. vegetable oil for coating
- kosher salt, as needed
- coarsely ground pepper, as needed
- 6 tsp. butter
- Spray potatoes with non stick cooking spray. Coat with coarsely ground salt and pepper and cook using the method of your choice below.
- Oven Method: Prick potatoes with a fork several times, wrap in aluminum foil, and cook at 350°F for approximately 1 hour or until centers are hot and tender.
- Crockpot Method: Prick potatoes with a fork several times, wrap in aluminum foil, and cook in the slow cooker for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Microwave Method: Prick potatoes with a fork several times, and starting with 6 minutes, cook in the microwave on high. Check potatoes regularly to see if they are done, adding time in 1-2 minute increments until they are cooked through.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Wash asparagus and snap tough ends off.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In order to keep the tips from burning, place a piece of foil under just the tip ends of the asparagus on the grill. Grill until tender, turning regularly, and serve immediately.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Vegetable Stir Fry
- White Rice
- Green Salad
Vegetable Stir Fry
- 20 oz. stir fry vegetables or your choice of sliced fresh vegetables
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- In a large skillet, sauté vegetables until tender and heated through. Add teriyaki sauce; stir until sauce is heated. Serve.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Swiss Chicken
- Green Beans
Baked Swiss Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Cover each breast with a cheese slice.
- Mix soup and wine; pour over chicken. Cover with stuffing. Drizzle ¼ cup butter over stuffing.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350°F.
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Taco Mac Salad
Taco Mac Salad
- 8 oz. tri-color spiral macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ head leaf lettuce, shredded
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup French dressing
- 9.75 oz. Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef. When beef is thoroughly cooked, add taco seasoning mix and ⅓ cup water. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Rinse cooked pasta with cold water and drain. In a large bowl, mix cooked macaroni, all vegetables, cheese, and seasonings. Chill.
- Just before serving, stir in warm seasoned ground beef, French dressing, and chips. Toss gently and serve.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. “Print Collection” prints the list of meals, not the recipes, which should be printed from the recipe card.
Pin This Dinner Menu Plan: