Tender and perfectly seasoned, this marinated Roast Beef Picante is flavorful without time-consuming prep work. Most of the time needed is for marinating, which makes this the perfect meal to prep in the morning and when you are ready to prepare for dinner, it can go in the oven while you get side dishes ready.
You may want to double up on this recipe and use the leftovers as planned leftovers. Check out the recipes at the end of this post for some good ways to plan leftover roast beef into your meal plans.
Roast Beef Picante
- ½ C. onion, finely chopped
- ¼ C. water
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp thyme, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 C. beef broth
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- For marinade, combine onion, water, lime juice, garlic, oil, ¼ tsp thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place beef in a bowl. Pour marinade over meat, cover bowl, and refrigerate 6-8 hours. Remove meat from marinade, discard leftover marinade.
- Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until done.
- Remove meat from pan, cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan combine any pan drippings, beef broth, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to low and stir until thickened.
- Season gravy with parsley and remaining thyme and serve over meat.
Pin this recipe: