With cool vegetables and warm taco seasoned beef, taco mac salad is easy to prepare and can be served in summer or winter. Tangy French dressing and Doritos give it an almost addictive flavor—if we have leftovers, everyone wants to claim them for lunch the next day. It is one of our most requested recipes, and using taco meat from the freezer makes it even quicker to prepare.
Start with cooked tricolor spiral pasta, lettuce, chopped onion, cherry tomatoes, chopped green bell pepper, taco seasoning mix, salt, pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, ground beef, and nacho cheese Doritos.
Combine the pasta and chopped vegetables…
And mix well.
Meanwhile, season the cooked ground beef.
Layer the lettuce, pasta and vegetables, and taco-seasoned ground beef.
Crush the Doritos and sprinkle on top, then add French dressing.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!
Taco Mac Salad
- 8 oz. tri-color spiral macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ head leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup French dressing
- 9.75 oz. Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef. When beef is thoroughly cooked, add taco seasoning mix and 1/3 cup water. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Rinse cooked pasta with cold water and drain. In a large bowl, mix cooked macaroni, all vegetables, cheese, and seasonings. Chill.
- Just before serving, stir in warm seasoned ground beef, French dressing, and chips. Toss gently and serve.