Making your own spice mixes is cost effective and easy, and you know exactly what is in them. When preparing taco meat with this taco seasoning mix, cook the ground beef then add 2 tablespoon of mix with ⅓ cup of water per pound of meat. Simmer for about two minutes, stirring as it cooks.
If you follow our meal plans, you know that we recommend bulk cooking meat for the freezer to make last minute dinner prep easier. You can prepare taco-seasoned ground beef in bulk and freeze it in 2 cup portions for easy dinner prep.
Taco Seasoning Mix
- ¼ cup dried minced onion
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
- This recipe makes enough seasoning for 8 lbs. of ground beef. Nutrition data is for a portion to season a pound of meat.
- When preparing taco meat: brown ground beef in a skillet and drain. For each pound of beef, add 2 tablespoon of the taco seasoning mix and ⅓ cup of water. Bring to a boil, then cook and stir for two minutes.
Nutrition per serving
Use Taco Seasoning Mix in these recipes: