Mexican Spaghetti combines the flavors of taco-seasoned beef with corn, green chilis, tomatoes, and green onions in a quick and easy stovetop meal. Using fire-roasted tomatoes adds even more flavor to this dish.
Mexican Spaghetti takes advantage of our system of cooking your meat in bulk ahead of time and freezing it ready to use. Preparing your ground beef in bulk when you bring it home from the store makes prep for dinners like this super fast. It takes less time to brown 5 lbs. of ground beef once than it does to brown 1 lb. five times, you only have to wash the dishes once instead of five times, and cooked meat takes up less freezer space than raw meat.
If you don’t have a freezer stock of cooked ground beef yet, this is a great time to start and Mexican Spaghetti is a quick and easy dinner for the same day since it only takes the amount of time it takes to cook the spaghetti once your meat is ready.
- 12 oz spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix, or 1 package
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 22 oz Mexicorn, undrained
- 4 oz diced green chilies, undrained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Brown the ground beef.
- When it is cooked through, add the taco seasoning and water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, chilies, and green onion. Cook until heated through.
- Serve meat mixture over cooked spaghetti. Before serving sprinkle with cheese.