Week 26 Summary
Notes for this week
|Marinated Grilled Chicken (bulk cooking)||Apple, Grape, and Walnut Salad|
|Crustless Broccoli Quiche||Buttermilk Biscuits|
|Asian-Inspired Chicken Pita Pockets||Pineapple|
|Seasoned Crockpot Beef Burritos||Cilantro Lime Rice|
|Vegetable Tortellini Alfredo||Green Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Grilled Marinated Chicken
- Apple, Grape, and Walnut Salad
- Grilled Asparagus
Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt or Adobo
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Place marinade with chicken in a marinating container and marinate overnight.
- Grill chicken until it reaches 160° at the thickest part, or until white all the way through and juices run clear. If you do not have a grill, you can bake the chicken in the oven.
- Serve 1 portion of the chicken for dinner and chop and freeze the rest for use in soups, casseroles, and stove top meals.
Apple, Grape, and Walnut Salad
- 3 Granny Smith apples, washed, cored, and sliced
- 2 cups red grapes, washed and pulled from the stems
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 8 oz. vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- Blend together yogurt and cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine fruit and nuts and serve with vanilla yogurt mixture.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Wash asparagus and snap tough ends off.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In order to keep the tips from burning, place a piece of foil under just the tip ends of the asparagus on the grill. Grill until tender, turning regularly, and serve immediately.
🗓️ Day 2
- Crustless Broccoli Quiche
- Buttermilk Biscuits
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 C. milk
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in broccoli/spinach and cheese. Pour into a greased 8 inch pie pan that has 2 inch sides.
- Bake at 350°F about 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- Combine flour and butter, cutting with a fork or using a mixer.
- Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Add more flour if too wet, more buttermilk if too dry.
- When dough is rolling consistency, knead a few times and turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake the biscuits on cookie sheet at 475° until brown, about 15 minutes (time will vary based on thickness).
🗓️ Day 3
- Asian Chicken Pita Pockets
Asian-Inspired Chicken Pita Pockets
- 2 cups cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup water chestnuts, diced
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 7 inch whole wheat pita pockets, cut in half crosswise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Combine cooked chopped chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, and oil; pour over chicken mixture, tossing gently.
- Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; spoon chicken mixture evenly into pita halves.
🗓️ Day 4
- Seasoned Crockpot Beef Burritos
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Seasoned Crockpot Beef Burritos
- 3 lbs. London Broil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeded
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder, or more to taste
- 8 flour tortillas, burrito sized
- ½ cup sour cream, use about 1 Tbsp per burrito
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (use about 2 Tbsp per burrito)
- 1 cup tomato, diced (use about 2 Tbsp per burrito)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (use about 2 Tbsp per burrito)
- Place all ingredients into a lightly sprayed crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- When the meat is cooked, shred the meat with a fork and add back to the crockpot; stir and cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Serve on flour tortillas with sour cream, tomatoes, cheese and any other toppings your family may enjoy.
🗓️ Day 5
- Vegetable Tortellini Alfredo
- Green Salad
Vegetable Tortellini Alfredo
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables of your choice, prepared and kept warm
- 1/2 recipe homemade Alfredo sauce, or a jar of prepared sauce
- 16 oz cheese tortellini, dry, fresh, or frozen
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (for garnish)
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions. While pasta cooks heat Alfredo sauce and gently fold in vegetables.
- When heated through, add sauce and vegetable mixture to tortellini and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan