One of the basics of Add Salt & Serve meal plans is having food prep already done before dinner time. One way we accomplish this is by bulk cooking meat and freezing it in recipe-sized portions.
This recipe for marinated chicken is perfect for cooking chicken in bulk—have grilled chicken for dinner the night you cook it, then chop and freeze the leftovers in dated freezer bags. The longer the chicken marinates in this mixture, the more flavorful it will be.
Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce or tamari
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt or Adobo
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Place marinade with chicken in a marinating container and marinate overnight.
- Grill chicken until it reaches 160° at the thickest part, or until white all the way through and juices run clear. If you do not have a grill, you can bake the chicken in the oven.
- Serve 1 portion of the chicken for dinner and chop and freeze the rest for use in soups, casseroles, and stove top meals.