London Broil seasoned with garlic, onion, jalapeno, and tomato sauce will give a burst of Mexican flavor to your beef burritos! It's a delicious change of pace from ground beef, and this crockpot beef burrito recipe makes it easy to get dinner on the table with little effort.
⏲️ Time needed
You'll need about ten minutes to chop and prepare the ingredients for the slow cooker. Depending on how hot your crockpot gets, cooking time will be 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Shredding the meat takes about ten minutes, then you'll need another 30 minutes of cooking time.
- London Broil
- apple cider vinegar
- tomato sauce
- chili powder
- flour tortillas
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese
🍲 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
You can make these burritos gluten-free by using GF corn tortillas. (Note that low-carb tortillas are not gluten-free.)
Place all your ingredients into a lightly sprayed crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. When the meat is cooked, shred the meat with a fork and add back to the crockpot; stir and cook for about 30 more minutes.
Serve on flour tortillas with rice, sour cream, tomatoes, cheese and any other toppings your family may enjoy.
Use plastic gloves when cutting the jalapeno to reduce the risk of accidentally burning your eyes or face. This is also a good way to reuse plastic produce bags if you have them.
Seasoned Crockpot Beef Burritos
- 3 lbs. London Broil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 teaspoon garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno, diced and seeded
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 8 flour tortillas, burrito sized
- ½ cup sour cream, use about 1 tablespoon per burrito
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (use about 2 tablespoon per burrito)
- 1 cup tomato, diced (use about 2 tablespoon per burrito)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded (use about 2 tablespoon per burrito)
- Place all ingredients into a lightly sprayed crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- When the meat is cooked, shred the meat with a fork and add back to the crockpot; stir and cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Serve on flour tortillas with sour cream, tomatoes, cheese and any other toppings your family may enjoy.
Nutrition per serving
🥗 Side dishes
Cilantro Lime Rice (see below) is delicious with these burritos, or if you prefer a salad you might like Tex-Mex Cole Slaw.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- Boil water in a large sauce pan. Add rice; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Add lime juice, butter, cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or as a burrito filling.
Nutrition per serving
📌 Pin this recipe