These Asian-Inspired Chicken Pita Pockets are a fun, healthy way to use leftover chicken.
⏲️ Time needed
There's no cooking so you can have these pita pockets ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. If you have to cook the chicken, add the time for your cooking method. (You may want to cook extra to stock your freezer at the same time.)
- cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- water chestnuts
- green onion
- rice vinegar
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- whole-wheat pita pockets
- lettuce leaves
🍲 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
You can make this recipe GF by using gluten-free pita bread. Make sure your soy sauce is also GF!
Combine cooked the chopped chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, and garlic in a large bowl.
In a separate small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, and oil; pour over the chicken mixture, tossing gently.
Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; spoon the chicken mixture evenly into pita halves.
Asian-Inspired Chicken Pita Pockets
- 2 cups cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup water chestnuts, diced
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 7 inch whole wheat pita pockets, cut in half crosswise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Combine cooked chopped chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, and oil; pour over chicken mixture, tossing gently.
- Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; spoon chicken mixture evenly into pita halves.
Nutrition per serving
📌 Pin this recipe