Zucchini quiche is a delicious way to use an abundance of zucchini, and it freezes well. You may want to double the recipe and freeze an extra quiche for later use.
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 pie crust, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sauté zucchini and onion in melted butter in a large fry pan until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together with next six ingredients. Stir in cheese and sautéed vegetables.
- Spread mustard over pastry shell; add egg mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown (cover crust edges with foil after 25 minutes if they are starting to brown.)
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting to allow time to set.