Zucchini Bread is a delicious and easy way to use an abundance of zucchini. This sweet Zucchini Bread is perfect any time of day—its perfectly cooked crust has just the right amount of sweet crispness to balance the moist and soft center. Serve it with whipped butter for a satisfying breakfast or snack.
- vegetable oil
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
See recipe card for quantities.
Although you can use any kind of loaf pan, I get the best results with stoneware. Properly seasoned stoneware loaf pans give zucchini bread the perfect crust and evenly heat the bread while cooking.
- 3 zucchini
- 1-⅔ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Cut off the stem end of each zucchini and shred the zucchini.3 zucchini
- Crack eggs and add to a large bowl and beat until just mixed.4 eggs
- Add zucchini, sugar, oil, and vanilla to eggs and mix.1-⅔ cups sugar, ⅔ cup vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.3 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture and stir gently until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes (until knife inserted in center comes out clean).
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves and remove from pans.
Nutrition per serving
More ideas for using zucchini
- Shred & freeze it. You can either measure shredded zucchini into the correct proportions for zucchini bread, or use the equivalent of one zucchini per bag. Flatten the bags and freeze on a cookie sheet, then remove the cookie sheet when zucchini is frozen. Shredded zucchini can be added to spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, vegetable soup, and more.
- Freeze zucchini bread. Prepare the recipe as directed, wrap each loaf in plastic wrap and foil, and freeze. Zucchini Bread makes a great hostess gift, housewarming gift, or holiday gift for neighbors and friends.
- Deep-fry it. Zucchini is a delicious addition to vegetable tempura.
- Sauté in butter. Sauté sliced zucchini alone or with yellow squash and/or onion for a delicious and easy side dish. Sautéed zucchini can be frozen after cooking and thawed and heated for a quick and easy side dish.
- Stir-fry it. Sliced zucchini works well in any kind of stir-fry.
- Grill it. Zucchini makes a great addition to vegetable kabobs and grilled veggies.