Roasted potatoes are the secret to a rich and flavorful potato salad, and this red potato salad has flavor in spades. This recipe starts from scratch with raw red potatoes, but it saves work to have Roasted Red Potatoes for dinner and use the leftovers for Roasted Red Potato Salad, which can be prepared in 10 minutes with the leftover potatoes. I'd love to hear how you like it!
⏲️ Time needed
If you use leftover roasted red potatoes, you can have this potato salad ready in under 10 minutes. If you start from scratch, it will take about 35 minutes.
- small red potatoes
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- celery seeds
- dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- green onions
- fresh parsley
🍲 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian - no adaptations necessary.
You can use other types of potatoes in this potato salad recipe, don't be tempted to skip the roasting. The secret to their delicious flavor and pleasing texture is due to the roasting instead of boiling. The crispy outside and soft inside of the potatoes are what make this recipe so much better than traditional potato salad.
Roasted Red Potato Salad
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Wash potatoes and half or quarter so that pieces are uniform in size. Dry with a paper towel as much as possible.2 pounds small red potatoes
- Add olive oil and toss to coast. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and mix well.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1-½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Bake on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, stirring periodically, for 25-30 minutes or until tender inside and somewhat crisp outside.
- Mix the mayonnaise and remaining spices together and season with salt and pepper to taste.½ cup mayonnaise, ½ teaspoon celery seeds, ½ teaspoon dry mustard, salt and pepper to taste
- Gently mix the mayonnaise mixture, the roasted red potatoes, green onions, and parsley.7 chopped green onions, 3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled.