Freezer options this week
No freezer cooking this week, but you'll save time with two crockpot meals and three quick and easy stovetop meals.
|Savory One-Pot Shrimp & Rice||Fruit Cocktail|
|Easy Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings||Green Salad|
|Skillet Ramen||Mandarin Oranges & Pineapple Tidbits|
|Crockpot Savory Swiss Steak||Mashed Potatoes||Caesar Salad|
|Spiced Fish Bake||Baked Rice||Green Peas with Butter|
Send me the meal plans!
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Savory One-Pot Shrimp & Rice
- Fruit Cocktail
Savory One-Pot Shrimp with Rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, or as needed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 C chicken broth
- Salt-free seasoning to taste
- 1 ½ cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, deveined, tail-off
- Monterey Jack cheese for garnish
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and peppers in oil until the onion is cooked through. Add in the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Season to taste. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a rapid boil, add the rice and stir.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked through and the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with cheese before serving.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Easy Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
- Green Salad
Easy Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth plus extra for thinning
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 refrigerator biscuits, from can
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- salt & pepper to taste, if needed
- Spray a large slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, soup, broth, onions, and parsley. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- After cooking time has elapsed, turn off slow cooker and break chicken into pieces using a fork. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, cut each biscuit into 9 pieces.
- Stir biscuit pieces into hot chicken mixture.
- Turn crock pot back on to high and continue cooking for 30 minutes. If your mixture is too thick when you add the biscuits, add about ½ to 1 cup of hot chicken broth or water to thin the mixture.
- Add salt & pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve hot garnished with parsley if desired.
Day 3 Dinner Menu
- Skillet Ramen
- Mandarin Oranges & Pineapple Tidbits
Easy Skillet Ramen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 oz Ramen, any flavor
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can corn, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Brown ground beef.
- Add tomatoes, ramen seasoning packet, corn, and peas. Break up the noodles and add. Add water if needed to cover the noodles.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Crockpot Savory Swiss Steak
- Mashed Potatoes
- Caesar Salad
Savory Swiss Steak
- 1 ½ lbs round steak, approx. 1 inch thick, cut into 6 pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Coat steak with a mixture of flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. In a skillet, brown the meat in 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in same skillet. Sauté onion, carrots, and celery until almost tender, then add to crockpot with meat.
- In the same skillet, combine tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Heat, scraping up drippings, until skillet is deglazed. Pour tomato mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until tender. Serve meat with vegetable sauce spooned over the steak.
Instant Pot Instructions
- (Instant Pot instructions are courtesy of Carolyn, who converted the recipe for use in her IP. Note that the venting instructions are *not* tested.)
- Coat steak with a mixture of flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. On sauté mode, brown the meat in 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil.
- Remove the steak from the pot and set aside.
- Sauté onion, carrots, and celery until almost tender.
- Add the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar and use it to deglaze the pot.
- Add the beef back to the pot and stir gently just enough to cover the meat in sauce.
- Add cover and seal. Cook on Stew mode for 30 minutes.
- Vent as preferred; NPR was used in Carolyn's conversion but venting immediately would probably work fine. (Let us know how your method worked in the comments.)
Day 5 Dinner Menu
The fish and rice can bake in the oven at the same time, but you’ll need to turn the oven up to about 375ºF to compensate for the additional food. Check it periodically to be sure the temperature doesn’t need to be adjusted.
- Spiced Fish Bake
- Baked Rice
- Green Peas with Butter
Spiced Fish Bake
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp poultry seasoning
- dash cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place fish in a lightly greased baking dish. Combine the spices and sprinkle evenly over fish.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and bake at 350ºF for about 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10.5 oz. can beef broth
- 1 10.5 oz. can French onion soup
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Combine all ingredients in a baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until bubbly and heated through.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any adjustments to servings from the recipes above do not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. “Print Collection” prints the list of meals, not the recipes, which should be printed from the recipe card.
Pin This Dinner Menu Plan: