Shrimp and red bell peppers combine with garlic and onions to make a simple but satisfying one-pot meal.
Savory One-Pot Shrimp with Rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil, or as needed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 C chicken broth
- Salt-free seasoning to taste
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, deveined, tail-off
- Monterey Jack cheese for garnish
- Sauté the onions, garlic, and peppers in oil until the onion is cooked through. Add in the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth. Season to taste. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once it comes to a rapid boil, add the rice and stir.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked through and the liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with cheese before serving.
Pin this recipe: