Week 24 Summary
Notes for this week
|Beans and Franks||Apple Slices with Cheddar Cheese|
|Sesame Chicken||Asian Cole Slaw||Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf|
|Italian Flank Steak||Balsamic Grilled Vegetables|
|Asian Chicken Salad||Garlic Bread|
|Easy Beef with Broccoli||Grilled Corn with Garlic Ginger Butter|
🗓️ Day 1
- Beans and Franks
- Apple Slices with Cheddar Cheese
Beans and Franks
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 32 oz canned baked beans, in sauce (about 5 cups)
- 6 beef franks
- Mix together onion, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add beans and stir to blend.
- Turn mixture into a 2 quart casserole and bake at 300°F for 1 hour.
- Arrange franks on the beans; bake 30 minutes longer.
Worcestershire sauce can contain soy sauce, which is not gluten-free, and some baked beans may have flavorings that are not GF. Verify that both your Worcestershire sauce and your canned beans are free of wheat ingredients. Worcestershire sauce is also typically not vegetarian, but The Wizard's™ Organic Gluten Free Vegan Worcestershire (affiliate link) is, and it's also GF (obviously).
🗓️ Day 2
- Sesame Chicken
- Asian Cole Slaw
- Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Place chicken in large bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Reserve ½ cup marinade for basting.
- Pour remaining marinade into bowl with chicken. Cover and marinate several hours or overnight in refrigerator. Remove chicken from bowl; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium heat, about 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning frequently and basting with reserved marinade.
- This recipe makes enough to save half of the cooked chicken for another meal (if using it this week, refrigerate; if not, freeze).
- If you don't want to grill the chicken, it can be baked at 350°F until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- You can buy pre-toasted sesame seeds at Asian markets or you can lightly toast your own.
Asian Cole Slaw
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions
- ⅓ C rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Peanuts, chopped, to taste
- In a large bowl toss broccoli slaw, green onions, cilantro, and coleslaw mix together.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and both oils.
- Toss salad with the dressing and garnish with peanuts.
Instant Pot Mushroom Rice Pilaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- 10 oz Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Better Than Bouillon Mushroom Base or Vegetable Base
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 cup water
🗓️ Day 3
- Italian Flank Steak
- Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
Italian Flank Steak
- 1.2 oz (2 pkgs) Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 ½ Tbsp oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 lb. flank steak
- In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing together the dressing mix, oil, and lemon juice. Marinate steak in marinade overnight (or all day) in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil on medium heat about 5-7 minutes per side until done. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 16 oz. package of whole mushrooms, cleaned
- ¾ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Mix all vegetables together with Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and seasonings. Grill over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
🗓️ Day 4
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Garlic Bread
Asian Chicken Salad
- 2 cups Sesame Chicken, sliced (or other leftover cooked chicken)
- 4 cups salad greens, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 10 oz carton cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 tsp almonds, sliced (optional)
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup rice or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
Homemade Asian Salad Dressing
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together thoroughly. Cover and heat in microwave for about 30 seconds to ensure that honey is dissolved. Shake well before serving.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens, celery, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and Mandarin oranges; toss well. Layer sliced, cooked chicken over salad. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with Homemade Asian Salad Dressing. Garnish with sliced almonds if desired.
🗓️ Day 5
- Beef with Broccoli
- Grilled Corn with Garlic Ginger Butter
Easy Beef with Broccoli using Leftover Steak
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. cooked steak, London broil, or firm cut of roast, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
- Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cooked London Broil and toss until well coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet; add leftover steak and stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute.
- Remove meat from skillet. Heat remaining oil in pan; add broccoli, stir-frying for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and remaining water; add soy mixture and cooked beef to skillet.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Grilled Corn With Garlic and Ginger Soy Butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced on a Microplane grater (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1- inch knob fresh ginger, minced on a Microplane grater (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon juice from 1 lemon
- 8 ears corn, shucked
- ¼ cup finely sliced scallions
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan