Baked Tex-Mex Chicken Roll Ups with tomatoes and green chilies in a creamy cheese sauce are so easy to make and are a great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Your family will never realize that these creamy and delicious baked roll ups are leftovers!
⏲️ Time needed
The cream cheese will need about an hour to soften, so set that out well ahead of time. The actual prep will only take about 10 minutes, and your cook time will be about 20 minutes.
- Cream cheese
- Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Canned green chilies
- Cooked chicken
- Flour tortillas
🌾 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
You can use gluten-free tortillas (usually corn), but it can be harder to find 8-inch corn tortillas at chain grocery stores. If your store doesn’t carry them, you can find them at Mexican grocery stores. Note that low-carb does not mean gluten-free.
Set your cream cheese out to soften about an hour before you plan to start prep.
Preheat oven to 350°F, and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix the softened cream cheese, Mexican blend cheese, and cilantro in a small bowl. Add tomatoes, green chilies, and cooked chicken; mix gently.
Place an even amount of mixture onto the centerline of each tortilla, then roll up each tortilla and place in baking dish seam side down. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with salsa.
Don’t be afraid to get creative with ingredients and change them out to suit your family. Red bell peppers, jalapenos, chopped black olives, and black beans would be great additions or substitutions. If you prefer, you can serve these with homemade guacamole in place of or in addition to salsa.
These make great chilled appetizers, too! This works best with shredded rather than chopped chicken. Combine the filling as directed, but spread it evenly across the whole tortilla instead of across the centerline. Roll the tortillas and chill. When ready to serve, slice each tortilla into pinwheels. (This may use fewer tortillas.)
Baked Tex-Mex Chicken Roll Ups
- ⅓ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 4.5 ounce can green chilies, drained
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- salsa, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix softened cream cheese, Mexican blend cheese, and cilantro in a small bowl.
- Add tomatoes, green chilies, and cooked chicken and mix gently.
- Place an even amount of mixture onto the centerline of each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla and place in baking dish seam side down.
- Cover with foil and bake about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with salsa.
Nutrition per serving
🥗 Side dishes
📌 Pin this recipe