Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 2 lbs. chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Tabasco sauce
- 4 cups canned great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn, drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Mix onion, garlic, chicken broth, cumin, oregano, salt and Tabasco in slow cooker. Add cubed chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 ½ to 5 ½ hours, or until chicken is tender (this may vary depending on how hot your slow cooker cooks).
- Stir in beans, corn, and cilantro, if using. Cover and cook on low 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- You may be tempted to skip the fresh cilantro, but if it's available in your area—don't! It gives simple dishes an amazing flavor and is a wonder compliment to any Tex-Mex style recipe.
- You can sauté the chicken while preparing this recipe for the slow cooker, but you can save lots of time by doing prep work like this in bulk and freezing the prepared ingredients. You can find out more about this way of cooking by reading the Menus4Moms Primer.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 18g | Sodium: 395mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Net Carbs: 23g