Week 9 Summary
Notes for this week
|Easy Crockpot Roast Beef and Gravy||Rice||15 Minute Microwave Acorn Squash|
|Crockpot Creamy Bratwurst Stew||Cornbread|
|Beef with Broccoli||Rice|
|Pasta with Lemon Garlic Sauce||Pickled Beets||Green Peas with Butter|
|Sweet Garlic Chicken||Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds||Green Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Easy Crockpot Roast Beef and Gravy
- 15 Minute Microwave Acorn Squash
Easy Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy
For the roast:
- 3 lb. beef rump roast
- Salt, as needed
- Coarsely ground black pepper, as needed
For the gravy:
- 1 cup beef broth, or more as needed
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. flour
- Cut excess fat from roast if necessary.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast and press into sides.
- Place roast in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or until done to your preference.
- Remove roast from crockpot, reserving drippings, and let rest while preparing gravy.
- Strain the drippings from the roast into a pan and add ½ cup of the beef broth. Heat over medium heat.
- In a jar with a lid, mix flour with about ½ cup beef broth, shaking well to combine.
- Slowly add about half of the flour mixture to the drippings over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue to heat and whisk as the gravy thickens. If necessary, add more of the flour mixture to thicken or more beef broth to thin.
- The roast beef gravy is ready when it is heated through and you are happy with the consistency.
- Slice the roast against the grain and serve with gravy.
Easy 15 Minute Microwave Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tsp. brown sugar or honey
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tsp. butter
- dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. water, for steaming
- Wash acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise; scrape out seeds.
- Place upside down into a glass baking dish containing 2 Tbsp. water.
- Cook in microwave until squash is tender, about 6 minutes (time depends on your microwave strength and the number of squash you are cooking).
- Remove from microwave, turn squash right side up in same dish.
- Into each hollow, place butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cook in microwave until butter mixture is bubbly, about 2-4 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook in microwave until butter mixture is bubbly. Serve hot.
🗓️ Day 2
- Crockpot Creamy Bratwurst Stew
Crockpot Creamy Bratwurst Stew
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs. beef bratwurst, casings removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- In a crockpot, combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and green pepper. Top with sliced bratwurst.
- Combine the broth, salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper; pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in half and half.
- Combine cornstarch with the cold water and mix until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to stew and stir gently until well blended.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes more or until the gravy is thickened.
🗓️ Day 3
- Beef with Broccoli
Easy Beef with Broccoli using Leftover Steak
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch, divided
- ½ cup water plus 2 tbsp water, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb. cooked steak, London broil, or firm cut of roast, sliced and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
- Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch, 2 Tbsp water, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cooked London Broil and toss until well coated.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet; add leftover steak and stir fry until reheated, about 1 minute.
- Remove meat from skillet. Heat remaining oil in pan; add broccoli, stir-frying for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and remaining 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and remaining water; add soy mixture and cooked beef to skillet.
- Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over cooked rice.
🗓️ Day 4
- Pasta with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Pickled Beets
- Green Peas with Butter
Pasta with Parmesan and Lemon Sauce
- 12 oz linguini
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice from 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Melt the butter with the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and lightly sauté.
- Add the zest and lemon juice stir well and heat to just warm it. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss sauce with pasta and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
🗓️ Day 5
- Sweet Garlic Chicken
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- Green Salad
Sweet Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, flattened
- 6 tsp garlic, minced
- 6 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- While oven preheats, heat oil in a large oven-safe sauté pan. Cook garlic in oil until garlic is tender then remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar.
- Push mixture to the side of the pan and lay chicken breasts in pan. Spoon brown sugar and garlic mixture over chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Check frequently after the first 10 minutes as the brown sugar mixture is prone to burning if cooked too long.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan