Sautéed garlic gives this sweet chicken a slightly nutty flavor. It’s quick to prepare and makes a delicious weeknight meal. Be careful not to sauté the garlic for too long or on too high of heat.
Sweet Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, flattened
- 6 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- While oven preheats, heat oil in a large oven-safe sauté pan. Cook garlic in oil until garlic is tender then remove from heat. Stir in brown sugar.
- Push mixture to the side of the pan and lay chicken breasts in pan. Spoon brown sugar and garlic mixture over chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Check frequently after the first 10 minutes as the brown sugar mixture is prone to burning if cooked too long.
Nutrition per serving
Pin this recipe:
Inspired by Easy Garlic Chicken from Food.com