Week 8 Summary
Notes for this week
|Grilled Bratwursts||Grapes||Potato Chips|
|Thai Chicken Fettuccine||Green Salad|
|Glazed Meatloaf||Steamed Asparagus||Orzo Pasta with Parmesan|
|Tuna Casserole||Spinach and Garlic Sautéed in Butter|
|Creamy Tomato Basil Soup||Pimento Cheese Sandwiches|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Grilled Bratwursts
- Potato Chips
- 6 turkey or beef brats
- 3 cups apple cider, to cover
- condiments, as desired
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Add the sausages and cider to a large pan; bring to a boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and pepper.
- Drain and finish sausages on the grill or in the broiler to your family's preference.
- Serve on the rolls with sautéed or grilled peppers and onions and your favorite condiments.
🗓️ Day 2
- Thai Chicken Fettuccine
- Green Salad
Thai Chicken Fettuccine
- 1 C salsa
- ¼ C creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 lb chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- Oil as needed
- 8 oz box fettuccine, cooked and kept warm
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Fresh cilantro as desired
- In a small saucepan, combine salsa, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and orange juice and cook over low heat. Stir until peanut butter melts and is blended with other ingredients, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce is heating, cook chicken and bell pepper in oil in a large skillet until chicken is cooked through. Add sauce to skillet and mix well.
- Serve over pasta, garnishing with cilantro.
🗓️ Day 3
- Glazed Meatloaf
- Steamed Asparagus
- Orzo Pasta with Parmesan
- ½ C ketchup
- ⅓ C brown sugar
- ¼ C lemon juice, divided
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 slices bread, torn up into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. dry minced onion, or to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-½ tsp. Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp of the lemon juice, and mustard powder.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, bread, remaining lemon juice, onion, egg, seasoning and ⅓ of the ketchup mixture. Mix well and place in a loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, drain any fat off, then spread remaining ketchup mixture evenly over the top. Bake for 5-10 more minutes, then serve.
- Prepare as raw meatloaf mixture as directed and form into a loaf.
- Line a loaf pan with foil or freezer paper, then form the loaf to the pan.
- Freeze loaf without cooking, reserving ⅔ of the ketchup mixture. Freeze the ketchup mixture in a small container that can be placed with the frozen meatloaf. When meatloaf is frozen, remove from the loaf pan using the foil or freezer paper as leverage. Wrap for the freezer with the extra glaze and label with:
“Glazed Meatloaf: Thaw and bake for 1 hour at 350ºF. Drain fat and spread glaze over top of meatloaf. Bake 5-10 more minutes.”
Orzo Pasta with Parmesan
- 8 oz orzo pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning blend dried herbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
🗓️ Day 4
- Tuna Casserole
- Spinach and Garlic Sautéed in Butter
- 2 cans water-packed tuna, drained
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except noodles in a bowl; fold in cooked and drained noodles.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
🗓️ Day 5
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Pimento Cheese Sandwiches
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes and broth in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in basil and sugar and continue heating for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; stir in half and half. Cook, stirring regularly, until soup is hot.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Homemade Pimento Cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise plus more as needed, Duke's is really the only choice for the best pimento cheese!
- 4 oz. jar diced pimentos, drained
- dash ground cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium size bowl, mix the cheeses and the mayonnaise until well blended. Add additional mayonnaise as needed for a creamy consistency.
- Add the diced pimentos and mix well. Season with ground cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to taste. Refrigerate leftovers.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan