There’s no need to heat up the oven to make this delicious chicken with Thai-inspired peanut sauce. It’s ready in 30 minutes and the meal can be completed with a green salad. You can double the sauce recipe and put half in the freezer to cut down the time even more on your next busy night.
⏲️ Time needed
In 30 minutes you can have this easy recipe on the table. It takes about 20 minutes for the peanut sauce to cook, and the pasta and chicken can be cooked at the same time.
In addition to boneless, skinless chicken, fettuccine, and a red bell pepper, you'll need the following for the sauce:
- creamy peanut butter
- orange juice
- soy sauce
Make your sauce by combining the combine salsa, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and orange juice and cooking over low heat.
While that simmers for about 20 minutes, cook the pasta. You'll want to either keep the fettuccine warm until the chicken is done, or time it so the pasta and chicken are ready at the same time.
While the sauce is heating, cook the chicken and bell pepper in a skillet large enough to have room to add the sauce. Once the chicken is cooked through, add the sauce to the skillet, mix, and serve over warm fettuccine.
❄️ Freezer instructions
The sauce freezes well so you may want to double up and put some sauce in the freezer. Label with:
“Thai Peanut Sauce: Thaw and reheat over medium heat. Serve with sautéed chicken and red bell pepper over rice or fettuccine and garnish with fresh cilantro.”
Thai Chicken Fettuccine
- 1 C salsa
- ¼ C creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 lb chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- Oil as needed
- 8 oz box fettuccine, cooked and kept warm
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Fresh cilantro as desired
- In a small saucepan, combine salsa, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, and orange juice and cook over low heat. Stir until peanut butter melts and is blended with other ingredients, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce is heating, cook chicken and bell pepper in oil in a large skillet until chicken is cooked through. Add sauce to skillet and mix well.
- Serve over pasta, garnishing with cilantro.
Nutrition per serving
📌 Pin this recipe
Leave a Reply