These delicious and easy brat get extra flavor from simmering in apple cider vinegar before grilling. Top with grilled peppers and onion (cook some extra for the freezer!) along with your favorite condiments for an easy meal.
Simmering the brats on the stovetop makes them more flavorful, but if you prefer to minimize cleanup, skip the step and go straight to the grill. You can cook the vegetables on the stovetop or the grill. If you decide to grill them, slice them instead of chopping.
- 6 turkey or beef brats
- 3 cups apple cider, to cover
- condiments, as desired
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Add the sausages and cider to a large pan; bring to a boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion and pepper.
- Drain and finish sausages on the grill or in the broiler to your family's preference.
- Serve on the rolls with sautéed or grilled peppers and onions and your favorite condiments.
Pin this recipe: