Notes for this week
|Toasted Cheeseburger Burritos||Mexi-corn||Pickle Spears|
|Crockpot Pizza Pasta||Green Salad|
Day 3 (Christmas Dinner)
|Roast Beef Picante|
|Seasoned Green Beans|
Layered Chocolate Hazelnut Pound Cake
|Tuna Cheese Melts||Celery Sticks with Ranch Dressing||Pears|
|Beef Stew with Dumplings||Green Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
Day 1 Dinner Menu
- Toasted Cheeseburger Burritos
- Pickle Spears
Toasted Cheeseburger Burritos
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- Salt to taste
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Condiments for toasted burritos as desired
- Brown ground beef and drain off any fat. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, onion, and seasoning. Stir to combine well.
- In the middle of a tortilla spread any condiments you desire, cheese to taste, and add beef mixture and tomato slices. Roll up burrito style.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients until all the burritos are assembled.
- Place burritos two at a time in a preheated skillet and cook about 3 minutes each side until toasted to your preference.
Day 2 Dinner Menu
- Crockpot Pizza Pasta
- Green Salad
Crockpot Pizza Pasta
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb. box lasagna noodles
- 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lb browned ground beef, from freezer
- 5 oz. pkg. turkey pepperoni slices
- ½ cup water
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- Spray bottom and sides of a crockpot.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of sauce on the bottom of crockpot to avoid noodles sticking.
- Break uncooked lasagna noodles into pieces; place 1/3 of the broken lasagna noodles in a layer on bottom of the pot.
- Pour about 1/3 of the sauce evenly over the noodles.
- Next, place 1/2 of the ricotta and 1/3 of the mozzarella over the sauce.
- Place 1/2 of the browned ground beef on top of the cheese, followed by half of the pepperoni and mushrooms.
- Place a few spoonfuls of sauce lightly over the meat.
- Repeat the layers starting with the broken noodles, sauce, cheeses, meat, and a little more sauce.
- Finally, layer the last 1/3 of the broken noodle pieces over the top.
- Cover noodles completely with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Pour water around the edges; cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
Day 3 Dinner Menu (Christmas)
- Roast Beef Picante
- Mashed Potatoes
- Seasoned Green Beans
- Caramelized Pineapple
- Dinner Rolls
- Layered Chocolate Hazelnut Pound Cake
Roast Beef Picante
- ½ C. onion, finely chopped
- ¼ C. water
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- ½ tsp thyme, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 C. beef broth
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- For marinade, combine onion, water, lime juice, garlic, oil, ¼ tsp thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place beef in a bowl. Pour marinade over meat, cover bowl, and refrigerate 6-8 hours. Remove meat from marinade, discard leftover marinade.
- Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until done.
- Remove meat from pan, cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
- In the meantime, in a saucepan combine any pan drippings, beef broth, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to low and stir until thickened.
- Season gravy with parsley and remaining thyme and serve over meat.
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs. potatoes, cleaned and peeled (see note below)
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ cup skim milk, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender; drain and return to pot.
- Add 4 Tbsp. butter, salt, and pepper to pot and mix; adding enough milk while mixing to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a serving bowl, top with 2 Tbsp. butter, and garnish with paprika.
Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/4 package Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
- If needed, trim green beans of ends and strings. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Lightly steam green beans.
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add green beans. Sprinkle with the 1/4 package of seasoning mix and stir well while sautéing.
3 Ingredient Caramelized Pineapple
- 40 oz canned pineapple rings, drained
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Melt butter in a large skillet and allow to start browning slightly. Add brown sugar and stir until it becomes thicker and syrupy.
- Add pineapple slices and cook until they become a nice brown color, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove pineapple slices into a serving bowl leaving the syrup in the skillet.
- Reduce the sauce by about a third by cooking over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for around 5 minutes.
- Pour syrup over the pineapple and serve.
Layered Chocolate Hazelnut Pound Cake with Chocolate Cool Whip Frosting
- 1 prepared pound cake
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread, like Nutella
- 2 Tbsp shaved chocolate, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup raspberries, for garnish (optional)
- 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, or to taste
- In a small bowl, combine instant pudding and milk and mix with a hand mixer on low for about a minute.
- Gently fold in Cool Whip until well mixed. If mixture is not as sweet as preferred, gently mix in powdered sugar to taste. Set aside.
- Slice pound cake horizontally into 3 layers.
- Spread first layer with ¼ cup Nutella spread.
- Add the second layer and spread with remaining ¼ cup Nutella spread.
- Place final layer on top and frost entire cake with the chocolate Cool Whip frosting.
- Sprinkle top with shaved chocolate, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Day 4 Dinner Menu
- Tuna Cheese Melts
- Celery Sticks with Ranch Dressing
Tuna Cheese Melts
- 10 oz canned white tuna, chunked and drained
- 1 Tbsp onions, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp pickle relish
- 8 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat broiler. Toast bread; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, and pickle relish; mix well. Top 4 of the slices of bread with tuna mixture.
- Place cheese slices over the tuna and lightly broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Top with remaining bread slices and serve.
Day 5 Dinner Menu
- Beef Stew with Dumplings
- Green Salad
Beef Stew with Dumplings
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 15 oz. can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz. can beef broth
- Water as needed to cover ingredients
- 1 ½ C flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ C milk
- In a large pot cook onion and mushroom in oil on medium high for about 10 min. until softened.
- Add beef, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broth, and water (if needed to cover the ingredients) to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about an hour and 15 min.
- Prepare dumplings by combining the ingredients together and dropping by the spoonful on top of the stew.
- Cover and let cook without lifting the lid for 10 minutes or until dumplings are raised and fluffy.
Create a Shopping List
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
Pin This Dinner Menu Plan: