Week 5 Summary
Notes for this week
|Mediterranean Chicken with Pasta||Green Beans|
|Turkey & Swiss Hoagies||Fruit of Your Choice|
|Meatball Stroganoff over Egg Noodles||Chinese Broccoli with Garlic Sauce|
|Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken||Buttermilk Biscuits||Apple Raisin Salad|
🗓️ Day 1
- Mediterranean Chicken with Pasta
- Green Beans
Mediterranean Chicken with Pasta
- 16 oz shell or orecchiette pasta, cooked & rinsed
- 1 Tbsp light extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (or 2-3 tsp. dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Dice red pepper and onion; sauté in a tablespoon of oil.
- And chicken, tomatoes, and basil and mix well.
- In a bowl, combine cooked pasta and balsamic vinegar. Add to pan with chicken and vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper then add feta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Toss well and serve immediately, garnishing with extra feta cheese.
- Orecchiette pasta's hearty thickness is the perfect for this dish, but not all stores carry it. If you can't find it, pasta shells are the best substitution.
- This can be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken or using your favorite plant-based substitution.
🗓️ Day 2
- Turkey & Swiss Hoagies
- Fruit of Your Choice
Turkey & Swiss Hoagies
- 6 hoagie or hamburger rolls
- 1-½ lbs. sliced deli turkey
- 12 oz. Swiss cheese, sliced
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- 6 dill pickle slices
- Slice the bread horizontally to open and place on a metal baking sheet. If you would like to heat your hoagies, assemble in the following order; if you are serving them cold, you can assemble them as desired.
- For heated hoagies: spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of bread and layer turkey slices on top. Place slices of Swiss cheese on open tops of bread. Place under broiler for just long enough for cheese to melt and remove from oven.
- Top bottom halves of hoagies with tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and pickles. Place top halves of hoagie rolls on bottom halves and cut each sandwich in half to serve.
🗓️ Day 3
- Meatball Stroganoff over Egg Noodles
- Chinese Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
Meatball Stroganoff over Egg Noodles
- 1 ½ lbs. frozen cooked meatballs
- 2 C beef broth
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 C light sour cream
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 C milk
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 16 oz package hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a large pot, combine meatballs, broth, and mushrooms. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and flour.
- Whisk in milk and mustard.
- Stir sour cream mixture into meatballs.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, then cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.
Chinese Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
- 1 Pound Broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 ½ Tablespoons miso paste
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
🗓️ Day 4
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Apple Raisin Salad
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ cup melted butter
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, sauté garlic in about
2Tbsp of butter. Add remaining butter to pan. Dip chicken pieces into garlic butter.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, pepper, and salt. Dredge chicken in bread crumb mixture. Place breaded chicken in lightly sprayed 9x13 baking pan and sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture over top of chicken.
- Pour any remaining butter over the top of the chicken. Bake chicken for about 55 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1-½ cups buttermilk
- Combine flour and butter, cutting with a fork or using a mixer.
- Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Add more flour if too wet, more buttermilk if too dry.
- When dough is rolling consistency, knead a few times and turn out onto a floured surface. Roll out and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake the biscuits on cookie sheet at 475° until brown, about 15 minutes (time will vary based on thickness).
Apple Raisin Salad
- 5 apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Soak raisins in hot water to cover to soften for about 5 minutes, drain and dry on a paper towel. Combine apples, raisins, and celery in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine salad dressing, lemon juice, and sugar. Pour the dressing over the fruit mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to chill then serve.
🗓️ Day 5
- Nacho Bar
- 3 cups dry pinto beans
- Water as needed for beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix, divided
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 22 oz. tortilla chips
- additional toppings for nachos as desired (such as olives, tomatoes, green onions, jalapeño slices)
- In a large pot, soak beans covered with water overnight.
- The next day, drain off water used to soak the beans and add 12 cups fresh water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook beans for 2½- 3 hours or until tender. When done, set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in a large frypan. When it is cooked through, add 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning and ⅓ cup water and simmer for 2 minutes. Add salsa and drained beans to taste and mix gently.
- Pour ground beef/bean mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. In a bowl, combine sour cream with remaining taco seasoning until well combined. Spread sour cream mixture evenly over beef mixture. Top with desired amount of cheese. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with bowls of toppings and a large bowl of tortilla chips.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan