Turkey sandwiches aren’t just for lunch! Load up these turkey & Swiss hoagies with your favorite condiments and enjoy a hearty hoagie dinner. They’re great cold or heated.
Turkey & Swiss Hoagies
- 6 hoagie or hamburger rolls
- 1-1/2 lbs. sliced deli turkey
- 12 oz. Swiss cheese, sliced
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 6 leaves of lettuce
- 6 dill pickle slices
- Slice the bread horizontally to open and place on a metal baking sheet. If you would like to heat your hoagies, assemble in the following order; if you are serving them cold, you can assemble them as desired.
- For heated hoagies: spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of bread and layer turkey slices on top. Place slices of Swiss cheese on open tops of bread. Place under broiler for just long enough for cheese to melt and remove from oven.
- Top bottom halves of hoagies with tomatoes, onion, lettuce, and pickles. Place top halves of hoagie rolls on bottom halves and cut each sandwich in half to serve.