Week 37 Summary
Notes for this week
|Chinese Chicken with Cashews over Rice||Green Salad with Asian Dressing|
|Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy||Rice||Easy 15 Minute Microwave Acorn Squash|
|Chicken Enchilada Soup||Green Salad with Your Choice Mexican-style Dressing|
|Crockpot Chicken Drumsticks||Stir-Fried Squash & Bell Peppers|
|Open-Faced Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches||Mashed Potatoes||Oven Roasted Broccoli in Dijon Pesto Vinaigrette|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Chinese Chicken with Cashews
- Green Salad with Asian Dressing
Chinese Chicken with Cashews
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 cups Calrose rice, prepared
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup cooking sherry
- 4 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves
- Mix all marinade ingredients together thoroughly in a small bowl. Pour half of marinade over raw chicken in a container with a lid. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Reserve other half of marinade for basting later in the cooking process.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Carefully add chicken to heated oil. Use a slotted spoon to avoid adding the marinade to the hot oil. Add the garlic and ginger from the marinade, then dispose of the leftover marinade from the chicken.
- Stir fry until chicken is cooked through; remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Add the red bell pepper slices to the skillet and stir fry for 2 minutes. Next, add cornstarch to the reserved marinade. Add cornstarch/marinade mixture and the chicken to the peppers in the skillet; stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Season with salt and pepper; garnish with scallions and cashews. Serve over rice.
🗓️ Day 2
- Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy
- Easy 15 Minute Microwave Acorn Squash
Easy Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy
For the roast:
- 3 lb. beef rump roast
- Salt, as needed
- Coarsely ground black pepper, as needed
For the gravy:
- 1 cup beef broth, or more as needed
- 1-½ Tbsp. flour
- Cut excess fat from roast if necessary.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast and press into sides.
- Place roast in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or until done to your preference.
- Remove roast from crockpot, reserving drippings, and let rest while preparing gravy.
- Strain the drippings from the roast into a pan and add ½ cup of the beef broth. Heat over medium heat.
- In a jar with a lid, mix flour with about ½ cup beef broth, shaking well to combine.
- Slowly add about half of the flour mixture to the drippings over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue to heat and whisk as the gravy thickens. If necessary, add more of the flour mixture to thicken or more beef broth to thin.
- The roast beef gravy is ready when it is heated through and you are happy with the consistency.
- Slice the roast against the grain and serve with gravy.
Easy 15 Minute Microwave Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tsp. brown sugar or honey
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tsp. butter
- dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. water, for steaming
- Wash acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise; scrape out seeds.
- Place cut side down into a glass baking dish containing 2 Tbsp. water.
- Cook in microwave until squash is tender, about 6 minutes (time depends on your microwave strength and the number of squash you are cooking).
- Remove from microwave, turn squash right side up in same dish.
- Into each hollow, place butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cook in microwave until butter mixture is bubbly, about 2-4 minutes. Serve hot.
- Cook in microwave until butter mixture is bubbly. Serve hot.
🗓️ Day 3
- Chicken Enchilada Soup (15 Minute Meal)
- Green Salad with Mexican-Style Dressing
Chicken Enchilada Soup (15 Minute Meal)
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces or shredded
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom, chicken, or celery soup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- tortilla chips, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, chicken, enchilada sauce, cream soup, and milk in a large saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup reaches a simmer.
- Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over tortillas chips and top with shredded cheese.
🗓️ Day 4
- Crockpot Chicken Drumsticks
- Stir-Fried Squash & Bell Pepper with Garlic
Crockpot Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 ½ lbs. chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- Place drumsticks in a crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and tomato sauce. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6- 8 hours or until done.
Stir Fried Squash & Bell Pepper with Garlic
- 3 cups yellow or zucchini squash, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. basil or Italian seasonings
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté the squash, onion, peppers in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Add other ingredients. Reduce heat and cook uncovered for 3-4 more minutes until veggies are tender.
🗓️ Day 5
- Open-Faced Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Broccoli in Dijon Pesto Vinaigrette
Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 1 lb leftover roast beef
- 4 slices bread
- 1 cup brown gravy
- Slice leftover roast beef thinly and heat. Place roast beef slices on top of bread and cover with hot gravy before serving.
Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 5 lbs. potatoes, cleaned and peeled (see note below)
- 6 Tbsp butter, divided
- ¼ cup skim milk, or more as needed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender; drain and return to pot.
- Add 4 Tbsp. butter, salt, and pepper to pot and mix; adding enough milk while mixing to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to a serving bowl, top with 2 Tbsp. butter, and garnish with paprika.
Oven Roasted Broccoli in Dijon Pesto Vinaigrette
- 1 10 oz pkg fresh broccoli florets
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs prepared pesto
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- good pinch kosher salt
- pinch fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan