Perfectly seasoned and full of flavor, Chicken Enchilada Soup is a deliciously quick & easy stovetop dinner for a busy day. Serve with a salad and you have a healthy dinner on the table in 15 minutes.
⏲️ Time needed
This soup is makes a great weeknight meal because it's ready in 15 minutes.
- black beans
- diced tomatoes
- enchilada sauce
- cream of mushroom, chicken, or celery soup
- garlic salt
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
🌾 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
Use cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup and either omit the chicken altogether or substitute a can of rinsed cannellini (or beans of your preference) for a vegetarian version.
Many "cream of" soups contain gluten, so to make this soup gluten-free, either choose a gluten-free brand or make your own. (It's easy, but it'll add a few minutes to your cooking time.) This recipe for gluten-free cream of chicken soup looks like a good option, and you could easily substitute vegetable broth in it if you wanted a vegetarian version.
Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, chicken, enchilada sauce, cream soup, milk, and spices in a large saucepan and mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve over tortillas chips and top with shredded cheese.
Chicken Enchilada Soup can easily be adapted to the crockpot; just place all of the ingredients except the garnishes in the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Chicken Enchilada Soup (15 Minute Meal)
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces or shredded
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 10.75 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup, chicken, or celery soup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- tortilla chips, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Combine corn, beans, tomatoes, chicken, enchilada sauce, cream soup, milk, and spices in a large saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup reaches a simmer.
- Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over tortillas chips and top with shredded cheese.
Nutrition per serving
🥗 Side dishes
With a delicious combination of vegetables, protein, and chips, Chicken Enchilada Soup can be a meal in itself. Avocado slices would be delicious served with it or as a garnish. If you want to stretch the soup to more servings, you could add a salad and/or additional chips with guacamole as a side.
📌 Pin this recipe
Leave a Reply