Week 32 Summary
Notes for this week
|Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken||Roasted Red Potatoes||Seasoned Green Beans|
|Versatile Veggies and Rice with Chicken||Caprese Salad|
|Fajitas Texanas||Cilantro Lime Rice|
|Zucchini Quiche||Roasted Red Potato Salad|
|Baked Spaghetti||Pan Sautéed Summer Squash and Zucchini Slices|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Seasoned Green Beans
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
- 1 large roasting chicken, about 5 lbs.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons salt
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine everything except the chicken and chopped onion. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a sealed marinating container and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until cooked through. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown when it is ready.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked (165°F internal temperature).
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
Roasted Red Potatoes
- 4 lbs. small red potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Italian seasoning such as Rosa Maria, affiliate link
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and half or quarter so that pieces are uniform in size. Dry with a paper towel as much as possible. Add olive oil and toss to coast. Sprinkle with seasoning and mix well.
- Bake, stirring periodically, for 25-30 minutes or until tender inside and somewhat crisp outside.
- This recipe makes enough potatoes to serve for a meal and use 2 lbs. in Roasted Red Potato Salad.
Seasoned Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 tsp. butter
- ¼ package Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix
- If needed, trim green beans of ends and strings. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Lightly steam green beans.
- Melt butter in large fry pan. Add green beans. Sprinkle with the ¼ package of seasoning mix and stir well while sautéing.
🗓️ Day 2
- Veggies with Rice and Chicken (Salad)
- Caprese Salad
Versatile Veggies and Rice with Chicken
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion, or green onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine the salad ingredients (except lettuce) in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and stir gently until well mixed.
- Serve hot as a casserole or cold on a bed of lettuce.
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes in the same diameter as the mozzarella, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, or balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Either alternate lengthwise or stack slices of mozzarella cheese, tomato, and fresh basil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then drizzle with Balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
🗓️ Day 3
- Fajitas Texanas
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ lb. skirt, flank, or sirloin steak, sliced into bite-sized strips
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-sized strips
- 2 Roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled
- 8 tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup guacamole
- Sauté beef, chicken, peppers, and onion in a large skillet in heated oil. Near the end of cooking time when meat is almost done, add the shrimp and tomatoes and cook until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve cooked meat and vegetables with tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa. Each person assembles their own fajitas by putting meat/vegetable mixture in tortillas and topping with their choice of condiments, rolling up the tortilla, and eating by hand.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- salt, to taste
- Boil water in a large sauce pan. Add rice; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Add lime juice, butter, cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or as a burrito filling.
🗓️ Day 4
- Zucchini Quiche
- Roasted Red Potato Salad
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes, or 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 uncooked pie crust, or use a purchased crust
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- If not using a pre-prepared crust, prepare a pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Roll out pie crust and prepare it in the pie plate, fluting the edges.
- Sauté zucchini and onion in melted butter in a large fry pan until tendercrisp but not soft.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together with next six ingredients. Stir in cheese and sautéed vegetables.
- Spread mustard over bottom of pie crust and pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until set (you can check by inserting a knife into the center—if it comes out clean, the quiche is done). Cover crust edges with foil after 25 minutes if they are starting to brown.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting to allow time to cool.
- Prepare the sautéed vegetables and mix with the eggs and next six ingredients. Place in a freezer bag/container and label with the date and "Zucchini Quiche filling - Thaw in the refrigerator. Spread 1 tsp. dijon mustard in the bottom of an uncooked pie shell, add quiche filling, and bake at 400°F for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cover edges of crust with foil if they begin to get too brown."
- Prepare the entire recipe up to the baking part, then freeze the filling in the shell and label with the date and "Zucchini Quiche - Thaw in the refrigerator and bake at 400°F for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cover edges of crust with foil if they begin to get too brown."
Roasted Red Potato Salad
- ½ recipe roasted red potatoes
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. celery seeds
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix the mayonnaise and spices together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently stir mixture into roasted red potatoes and add green onions and parsley.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
🗓️ Day 5
- Baked Spaghetti
- Pan Sautéed Summer Squash and Zucchini Slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz can tomatoes with juice, undrained
- 4 oz can mushrooms, drained
- 16 oz jar pizza sauce
- 8 oz spaghetti
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices crisp cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté onion, garlic, and green pepper in skillet until tender.
- Combine tomatoes, mushrooms, and pizza sauce in bowl.
- Add spaghetti, vegetables, and seasoning to bowl and stir to combine. Top with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Pan Sautéed Summer Squash and Zucchini Slices
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 summer squash, sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Melt butter in a large skillet
- Sauté zucchini and summer squash in butter until tendercrisp.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan