Week 20 Summary
Notes for this week
|Grilled Chicken with Garlic Soy Marinade||Corn Casserole|
|Chicken Pepper Pasta||Green Salad|
|Beef Stew with Dumplings||Fruit of Your Choice|
|Crockpot Marinara over Pasta of Your Choice||Grilled Asparagus|
|Italian Meatball Subs||Balsamic Grilled Vegetables|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Grilled Chicken with Garlic Soy Marinade
- Corn Casserole
Grilled Chicken with Garlic Soy Marinade
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ Tsp dried oregano
- ¼ Tsp salt
- ¼ Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large mixing bowl and whisk until the marinade is thoroughly combined.
- Add chicken to the bowl and stir until all chicken is coated in marinade; cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness, until the chicken is cooked through (temperature of the thickest part of the chicken should register 165ºF).
- Remove from grill onto a platter and tent with foil. Let the chicken rest about five minutes before serving.
This is a good recipe for bulk cooking chicken for the freezer, so if your supply is low, plan to double or triple this recipe to restock.
Creamy Mexi-Corn Casserole
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 oz. can green chilies, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, milk, and green chilies in bowl. Mix well. Add corn and mix thoroughly.
- Pour corn into a lightly sprayed baking dish. Bake 45 minutes or until casserole is fully heated.
🗓️ Day 2
- Chicken Pepper Pasta
- Green Salad
Chicken Pepper Pasta
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium orange or yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ C cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 tsp dried tarragon leaves
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 8 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 C Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- ½ C shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 C half & half
- Prepare pasta according to directions and drain.
- Melt butter in large skillet and add onion, bell peppers, and garlic and cook on medium high until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add cooked, chopped chicken, tarragon, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring gently, until chicken is hot.
- Add mozzarella, half and half, and Parmesan cheese to chicken.
- Reduce heat and cook on low until cheese is melted.
- Rinse pasta in hot water until noodles are warm, and add to pan. Toss gently and serve.
🗓️ Day 3
- Beef Stew with Dumplings
- Fruit of Your Choice
Beef Stew with Dumplings
- 1 lb. beef stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 15 oz. can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz. can beef broth
- Water as needed to cover ingredients
- 1 ½ C flour
- 3 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ C milk
- In a large pot cook onion and mushroom in oil on medium high for about 10 min. until softened.
- Add beef, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broth, and water (if needed to cover the ingredients) to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer about an hour and 15 min.
- Prepare dumplings by combining the ingredients together and dropping by the spoonful on top of the stew.
- Cover and let cook without lifting the lid for 10 minutes or until dumplings are raised and fluffy.
🗓️ Day 4
- Crockpot Marinara over Pasta of Your Choice
- Grilled Asparagus
Crockpot Marinara Sauce
- 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- Combine all ingredients and simmer in a slow cooker for 4-5 hours on low or until done.
- Serve over hot pasta.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Wash asparagus and snap tough ends off.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In order to keep the tips from burning, place a piece of foil under just the tip ends of the asparagus on the grill. Grill until tender, turning regularly, and serve immediately.
🗓️ Day 5
- Italian Meatball Subs
- Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
Homemade Italian Meatball Subs
- Oil, as needed
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 1-¼ lbs. cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
- 6 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Homemade Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 16 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Combine pizza sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté peppers and onions in a large nonstick skillet in oil, stirring frequently, until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add cooked meatballs and pizza sauce. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Divide among rolls and sprinkle with cheese.
Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and pulled apart
- 16 oz. package of whole mushrooms, cleaned
- ¾ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Mix all vegetables together with Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and seasonings. Grill over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan