Week 10 Summary
Notes for this week
|Swiss Chicken||Glazed Baby Carrots||Green Peas with Butter|
|Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes||Chopped Apple and Pecan Salad|
|Red Beans and Rice||Apple Slices with Cheddar Cheese|
|Sloppy Joe Pizza||Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Tidbits|
|Tomato Tortellini Soup||Green Salad||Bread Sticks|
🗓️ Day 1
- Swiss Chicken
- Glazed Baby Carrots
- Green Peas with Butter
Baked Swiss Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Cover each breast with a cheese slice.
- Mix soup and wine; pour over chicken. Cover with stuffing. Drizzle ¼ cup butter over stuffing.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 350°F.
Glazed Baby Carrots
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Salt to taste
- Cook carrots by steaming to your tenderness preference. Place remaining ingredients in a serving bowl, and when carrots are done, add to bowl while still hot. Toss gently until coated with glaze.
🗓️ Day 2
- Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Chopped Apple and Pecan Salad
Easy Homemade Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 C ketchup
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper until cooked through.
- Add garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, and pepper; stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve on hamburger buns.
Chopped Apple and Pecan Salad
- 12 oz spring mix lettuce, washed and patted dry
- 2 Gala apples
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 4 oz. poppy seed salad dressing
- Wash, core, seed, and chop the apples.
- Toss spring mix with salad dressing and top with apples, blue cheese, and pecan pieces.
🗓️ Day 3
- Red Beans and Rice
- Apple Slices with Cheddar Cheese
Red Beans and Rice
- 1 pound dry kidney beans or small red beans, rinsed and sorted
- 1 pound smoked beef sausage, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Soak the beans overnight in water.
- Drain and rinse beans and add fresh water to a depth twice as deep as the beans.
- Bring the beans to a boil and cook for about an hour or until tender, checking the water level periodically and adding water if needed.
- After the beans have softened up and are getting close to being done, add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer the beans, sausage, and vegetables for about a half an hour longer, or until the beans are tender.
- Serve over rice.
🗓️ Day 4
- Sloppy Joe Pizza
- Cottage Cheese with Pineapple Tidbits
Sloppy Joe Pizza
- 2 cups Sloppy Joe meat sauce
- ¾ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 ½ cups Colby-jack or Mexican blend cheese
- Your favorite pizza dough, prepared and baked until almost done
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large skillet, combine Sloppy Joe meat with corn and green onions. Heat through.
- Spread heated mixture on top of a baked pizza crust; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
🗓️ Day 5
- Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Green Salad
- Bread Sticks
Tomato Tortellini Florentine Soup
satisfying savory soup with tortellini and spinach is perfect. You can
serve it alone or add grilled cheese for more hearty appetites.
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 30 oz. tomato sauce
- 15 oz. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ cup butter, cut into sections
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. cheese tortellini, cooked & kept warm
- Heat tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth to a simmer.
- Add garlic salt, basil, and sugar and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and add half and half and the butter sections.
- Heat, stirring regularly, until butter is melted and soup is hot but not boiling.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Add cooked tortellini and mix gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan