Week 1 Summary
Notes for this week
|Cheesy Baked Ziti||Green Salad|
|Mexican Style Pot Roast||Baked Rice|
|Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken||Creamed Peas||Garlic Cheese Bread|
|Barbecue Beef and Beans||Bread Sticks||Orange Slices|
|Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti||Slow Simmered Green Beans|
🗓️ Day 1
- Cheesy Baked Ziti
- Green Salad
Cheesy Baked Ziti
- 12 oz box ziti or penne
- 50 oz jar pasta sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 egg
- 16 oz container ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 3-quart baking dish. Cook pasta according to package directions but slightly undercooking; drain. In a medium bowl combine pasta sauce and Italian seasoning. Remove 2 cups and set aside. Stir remaining sauce into cooked pasta.
- Place half of the pasta mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg and stir in ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, and salt until blended.
- Place over the mozzarella cheese by dolloping with a spoon and gently spread. Top with remaining pasta, then sprinkle with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spread remaining pasta sauce evenly to edges of dish, coating all pasta.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until very hot in center and edges are bubbly.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
🗓️ Day 2
- Mexican Style Pot Roast
- Baked Rice
Mexican Style Pot Roast
- 4 lbs. chuck roast
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tomato can water (10 oz.)
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix, or 1 envelope purchased taco seasoning
- Place all ingredients into a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or until tender.
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10.5 oz. can beef broth
- 1 10.5 oz. can French onion soup
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Combine all ingredients in a baking dish. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until bubbly and heated through.
🗓️ Day 3
- Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
- Creamed Peas
- Garlic Cheese Bread
Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken
- 1 large roasting chicken, about 5 lbs.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons salt
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine everything except the chicken and chopped onion. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a sealed marinating container and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or until cooked through. The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown when it is ready.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meat is thoroughly cooked (165°F internal temperature).
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour and stir with a whisk for 1 minute, taking care not to brown the flour and butter mixture. Continue stirring constantly and gradually add the milk, salt, pepper, and sugar. Heat to a simmer and continue cooking, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Add peas and heat to a simmer. Reduce heat and cover, simmering for 3-5 minutes. Peas should be tender-crisp, so take care not to overcook.
🗓️ Day 4
- Barbecue Beef and Beans
- Bread Sticks
- Orange Slices
BBQ Beef and Beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- ½ cup thick salsa
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. leftover cooked beef roast, diced or cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz. kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz. pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 oz. beef broth, or more as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Cook over medium heat for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
🗓️ Day 5
- Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Simmered Green Beans
Cheddar Chicken Spaghetti
- 8 oz spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp pimientos, diced
- 4.5 oz can green chilies
- 1 Tbsp dried tarragon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Combine chicken, 1 cup cheese, soup, milk, pimientos, green chilies, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Add spaghetti and mix gently. Place mixture in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan