Tasty marinade with basil, lime, and dijon mustard is the base for this delicious grilled chicken. This version of Basil Lime Chicken makes enough for a meal with extra to stock your freezer with cooked chicken for quick meal prep. The chicken needs to marinate in the tasty Dijon lime marinade overnight, so be sure to plan ahead.
This recipe is a great way to prepare chicken for dinner and have extra to freeze for later use in such recipes as Crunchy Chicken Slaw Salad, Sandy’s Easy Cashew Chicken, or Cheddary Chicken and Broccoli, or any of our recipes using cooked chicken. The recipe is written so that you use one pound of your chicken tonight and slice or cube the remaining chicken, freezing in 1 pound portions for later use.
Basil Lime Chicken
- ¾ cup lime juice
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 ½ tablespoon dried basil)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix all ingredients except chicken together thoroughly in a small bowl. Reserve ¼ cup for basting and ¼ cup separately for serving; refrigerate.
- Marinate chicken in remaining marinade overnight.
- Grill over medium heat about 5 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Flip chicken and baste again. Continue to cook until juices run clear.
- Divide chicken and serve ¼ for the meal and chop ¾ for the freezer.
- Drizzle the marinade you reserved for dipping over the chicken you are serving, or just serve the marinade as a dipping sauce.
Nutrition per serving
Pin this recipe:
Leave a Reply