This quick and easy recipe is a great way to use cooked chicken from the freezer (for more on this way of cutting down prep time, see the Add Salt & Serve Primer: Cooking for the Freezer). If you use bulk cooked chicken, prep is minimal and since everything is already cooked, it only takes 20-25 minutes from start to finish.
Sandy's Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups chicken, cubed and sautéed
- 1 onion, chopped and sautéed
- 4 oz roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup water
- Soy sauce to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup cashew nuts, chopped or whole
- 1 can chow mien noodles, separated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cooked chicken, sautéed onion, drained red peppers, soup, water, nuts, and ½ of the chow mien noodles.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased casserole dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ of chow mien noodles over the top and continue baking for 5 more minutes. Serve over rice.
Nutrition per serving