This deliciously crunchy Asian style salad is perfect for a summer meal. If you follow the Secrets of a Busy Cook and keep cooked chicken in your freezer, preparation time is significantly shortened.
This is a good meal to plan using leftovers from marinated Sesame Chicken.
Crunchy Chicken Slaw Salad
This deliciously crunchy Asian style salad is perfect for a summer meal. If you keep cooked chicken in your freezer, preparation time is significantly shortened.
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 oz. pkg. Ramen noodle soup mix, Oriental-flavor
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups coleslaw mix, or homemade shreds of cabbage
- Pour seasoning packet from Ramen package into a frying pan with melted butter and stir.
- Break up noodles into bite size pieces and add to pan. Sauté 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sesame seeds and cook 2 minutes longer or until noodles start to turn golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, oil, and pepper together in large bowl.
- Prepare salad with remaining ingredients and add noodle mixture to bowl; toss to coat and serve.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 459 calCarbohydrates: 34 gProtein: 23 gFat: 26 gSodium: 577 mgFiber: 3 gSugar: 16 g
Leave a Reply