Fusilli pasta with spinach, tomatoes, and onions is an easy summer recipe that doesn’t heat up the oven. Prepared in one pot on the stovetop, the delicious pasta dish is ready in about 30 minutes.
One Pot Tomato Spinach Pasta
Fusilli pasta with spinach, tomatoes, and onions is an easy summer recipe that doesn’t heat up the oven. Prepared on the stovetop, the delicious pasta dish is ready in about 30 minutes.
- 12 oz box fusilli pasta
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz package baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except for spinach and Parmesan cheese in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat for about 12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until pasta is slightly al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir just before serving. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
For an even richer flavor, try substituting fire-roasted tomatoes in this dish. Vegetable broth and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese were used in the nutrition calculation.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 411 calCarbohydrates: 77 gProtein: 15 gFat: 6 gSodium: 1976 mgFiber: 6 gSugar: 9 g
Pin this recipe:
Leave a Reply