Week 50 Summary
Notes for this week
|Crockpot Orange Chicken||Rice||Asian Cole Slaw|
|Crockpot Lentil Soup with Kielbasa||Crusty Bread|
|Baked Beans and Franks||Cornbread||Green Beans|
|French Provincial Chicken||Couscous||Green Salad|
|Ground Beef Enchiladas||Mexi-Corn||Apple Crumble|
🗓️ Day 1
- Crockpot Orange Chicken
- Asian Cole Slaw
Crockpot Orange Chicken
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (no pulp)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- orange juice, if needed for consistency
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- In a small bowl (or resealable bag), mix together flour, garlic powder, ginger, and cornstarch. Dredge (or shake) the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Discard remaining flour mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the chicken until thoroughly cooked. Place cooked chicken into the crockpot.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt, chili sauce, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes (adjust amount of sugar and red pepper flakes to taste). Pour sauce mixture evenly over the chicken, and toss gingerly to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or on high for about 2 hours. If sauce is too thick, add about ¼ to ½ cup prepared orange juice and stir. Cover and cook about 30 minutes more. Serve over rice.
Asian Cole Slaw
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions
- ⅓ C rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Peanuts, chopped, to taste
- In a large bowl toss broccoli slaw, green onions, cilantro, and coleslaw mix together.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and both oils.
- Toss salad with the dressing and garnish with peanuts.
🗓️ Day 2
- Crockpot Lentil Soup with Kielbasa
- Crusty Bread
Crockpot Lentil Soup with Kielbasa
of savory onions, peppers, and garlic. Start it early in the day and add the
spinach about 10 minutes before serving for a delicious comfort meal.
- 1 lb. turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 lb. dried lentils, rinsed and drained (about 2 cups )
- ⅔ cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 29 oz beef broth
- 29 oz chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Combine all ingredients except for the spinach in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or until lentils are tender.
- Add spinach and cover. Let stand 5-10 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Remove cover and stir. Discard bay leaf before serving.
🗓️ Day 3
- Baked Beans and Franks
- Green Beans
Beans and Franks
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 32 oz canned baked beans, in sauce (about 5 cups)
- 6 beef franks
- Mix together onion, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add beans and stir to blend.
- Turn mixture into a 2 quart casserole and bake at 300°F for 1 hour.
- Arrange franks on the beans; bake 30 minutes longer.
Worcestershire sauce can contain soy sauce, which is not gluten-free, and some baked beans may have flavorings that are not GF. Verify that both your Worcestershire sauce and your canned beans are free of wheat ingredients. Worcestershire sauce is also typically not vegetarian, but The Wizard's™ Organic Gluten Free Vegan Worcestershire (affiliate link) is, and it's also GF (obviously).
- 1 cup Quaker® Yellow or White Corn Meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
🗓️ Day 4
- French Provincial Chicken
- Green Salad
French Provincial Chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 green onions
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and chop the green onions.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and green onions in an oven safe pan.
- Wash and dry the chicken and add to the pan. Coat chicken in oil and vinegar mixture.
- Roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Turn the pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.
🗓️ Day 5
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Apple Crumble
Ground Beef Enchiladas
- 1 ½ cups water
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Garlic salt to taste
- 10 soft white corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces can sliced black olives
- Combine all sauce ingredients and simmer while preparing the rest of the enchiladas as directed below.
- Brown ground beef and onion seasoned with oregano and garlic salt in a skillet until done.
- Place meat filling in the middle of the tortilla. Roll up and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas are used or dish is full.
- Pour sauce on top and cover with cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples, sliced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 ⅔ cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the bottom and sides of an 8x8” baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Blend Bisquick, brown sugar, and oats together in a bowl.
- Cut butter into 8 slices and cut into oat mixture using the back of a fork.
- Spread ⅓ of the oat mixture in bottom of prepared pan.
- Place apple slices on top of oat mixture; sprinkle cinnamon over apples.
- Spread remaining oat mixture over top of the apples.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan