With just a few ingredients and little preparation, French Provincial Chicken is simple yet delicious. I chose skinless, boneless breasts to keep the dish low fat but you may use any kind of chicken you wish. This recipe is inspired by David Lebovitz’ Roast Chicken with Caramelized Shallots.
With just green onions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken, this delicious dish is a snap to prepare. Just chop the onions, wash and dry the chicken, and combine all the ingredients before roasting. I served it with Caesar salad and couscous.
French Provincial Chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 green onions
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wash and chop the green onions.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and green onions in an oven safe pan.
- Wash and dry the chicken and add to the pan. Coat chicken in oil and vinegar mixture.
- Roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Turn the pieces over and bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving