Week 46 Summary
Notes for this week
|Lemon Rosemary Chicken||Roasted Okra and Onions||Orzo Pasta with Parmesan|
|Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches||Garlic Parmesan Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts||Pan Sautéed Zucchini|
|Shortcut Chicken Fettuccine Casserole||Green Salad||Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze|
|Creamy Balsamic Meatballs over Egg Noodles||Green Beans Almandine|
|Pepperoni and Cheese Crescents||Peas and Carrots|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Roasted Okra and Onions
- Orzo Pasta with Parmesan
Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- 1 large whole roaster
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Clean chicken and remove anything in the cavity. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together everything except chicken and lemon. Rub the butter mixture over entire chicken.
- Cut the lemon in half, and slightly squeeze the juice from one half over top of chicken. Put both lemon halves inside chicken cavity.
- Place chicken on a roasting rack in a roaster and roast for about 1 hour, basting 2-3 times. Cover with foil and roast an additional 30-45 minutes, basting 1-2 times, until internal temperatures reach 165°. Let chicken sit for about 5 minutes before carving.
Roasted Okra and Onions
- 2 lbs. small, slender okra
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Parchment paper to fit your baking pan
- ⅓ cup Horseradish Cream Sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Rinse the okra and let dry.
- Cut the stem end of the okra off and discard, then cut the okra in half lengthwise.
- Place the onion and okra slices on the parchment paper-lined baking pan and drizzle oil on top.
- Mix well until vegetables are coated in oil and arrange in a single layer on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes, checking for doneness starting at about 12 minutes. The cooking time will vary with the size of the okra and whether you are able to spread them out in a single layer. Vegetables will be browned on the edges and tender but not soft when ready.
- Serve alone or with Horseradish Cream Sauce.
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tsp. grated horseradish (reduce amount if using fresh horseradish, starting with half and increasing to taste)
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white cooking wine
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and whisk until well-mixed. When sauce is almost at a simmer, reduce heat to avoid boiling.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened to your preference. Serve hot as a sauce or cold as a condiment
Orzo Pasta with Parmesan
- 8 oz orzo pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning blend dried herbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
🗓️ Day 2
- Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
- Garlic Parmesan Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Pan Sautéed Zucchini
Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 lb. beef roast
- 2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 oz pkg onion soup mix
- 8 Hoagie rolls
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place roast in slow cooker and spread mustard over top of roast.
- Pour onion soup mix over top of mustard.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Remove from slow cooker and allow to sit for 5 minutes. While the meat is resting, strain the broth to use for au jus.
- Butter each side of the hoagie rolls and toast until barely brown.
- Slice roast and place on each sandwich. Serve with au jus for dipping.
Garlic Parmesan Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ½ lbs. Brussels sprouts, (trimmed and halved)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Pan Sautéed Zucchini Slices
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Melt butter in a large skillet
- Sauté zucchini in butter until tendercrisp.
🗓️ Day 3
- Shortcut Chicken Fettuccine Casserole
- Green Salad
- Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze
Shortcut Chicken Fettuccini Casserole
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cooked and chopped
- 16 ounce fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 32 ounces jarred alfredo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain.
- Stir together cooked chicken, pasta, sauce, and peas.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Remove foil and top with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes.
Spice Cake with Caramel Glaze
- 15.25 ounce spice cake mix
- 11 tablespoons all-purpose flour (½ cup plus 3 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan; set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cake mix and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Pour into Bundt pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until cooked through.
- Start the glaze when the cake goes in the oven so that it has time to cool.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing.
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Allow to cool and drizzle over the top of the cake.
🗓️ Day 4
- Creamy Balsamic Meatballs over Egg Noodles
- Green Beans Almandine
Creamy Balsamic Meatballs
- 1 lb. cooked meatballs, homemade or purchased
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 12 oz egg noodles, cooked
- Brown meatballs over medium heat or in the oven; set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to pan; cook over medium heat until onions are golden.
- Add cream and vinegar and cook on low 2 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Green Beans Almandine
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and washed
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
🗓️ Day 5
- Pepperoni and Cheese Crescents
- Peas and Carrots
Easy Pepperoni and Cheese Crescents
- Refrigerated dough for 8 crescent rolls
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 48 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 28 ounce jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles, using score-lines then cutting the 8 sections in half.
- Place 3 slices turkey pepperoni on wide end of each triangle.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and a bit of Parmesan cheese.
- Roll crescents from narrow end to wide end and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Warm marinara sauce and serve with crescents for dipping.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan