Deliciously sharp, slightly sour, and pleasantly creamy, Horseradish Cream Sauce is perfect for serving with roasted okra or broccoli, grilled asparagus, or roast beef.
⏲️ Time needed
This recipe will take 15-20 minutes. Exact time will depend on how thick you want the sauce to be.
- heavy whipping cream
- sour cream
- grated horseradish
- lemon juice
- white cooking wine
- black pepper
- ground ginger
- Worcestershire sauce
🌾 Adaptations for dietary restrictions
Worcestershire sauce can contain soy sauce, which is not gluten-free, and while simple horseradish sauce is GF, some sauces may have flavorings that are not GF. Verify that both your Worcestershire sauce and your prepared horseradish sauce are free of wheat ingredients. Worcestershire sauce is also typically not vegetarian, but The Wizard’s™ Organic Gluten Free Vegan Worcestershire (affiliate link) is, and it’s also GF (obviously).
Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat and whisk until well-mixed. When the sauce is almost at a simmer, reduce heat to avoid boiling.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thickened to your preference. You can serve Horseradish Cream Sauce hot as a sauce or cold as a condiment.
Horseradish Cream Sauce
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 teaspoon grated horseradish (reduce amount if using fresh horseradish, starting with half and increasing to taste)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white cooking wine
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and whisk until well-mixed. When sauce is almost at a simmer, reduce heat to avoid boiling.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened to your preference. Serve hot as a sauce or cold as a condiment
Nutrition per serving
📌 Pin this recipe