Balsamic vinegar and heavy cream combine into a surprisingly delicious sauce for meatballs. Serve Creamy Balsamic Meatballs over egg noodles for a quick and easy main dish.
⏲️ Time needed
Creamy Balsamic Meatballs can be on the table in under 30 minutes. You can shorten your last minute prep time by browning the meatballs and cooking the pasta ahead, which leaves only 15 minutes at dinner time to get this delicious meal ready.
This super easy recipe is a quick stovetop meal prepared with just 5 ingredients: cooked meatballs, butter, onion, heavy cream, and balsamic vinegar.
Brown the meatballs either in the oven or on the stovetop. While they are browning, sauté the onion.
Add the cream and balsamic vinegar, and simmer the sauce to thicken.
Add the meatballs to heat and serve over egg noodles. That's it! It's super fast and delicious.
Balsamic vinegar is a sweet vinegar that is less acidic than white vinegar. It is made using a complex aging process that involves cooking freshly crushed grape juice that still contains the skin, seeds, and flesh of the grapes until it is reduced to half its original volume. It is then aged for anywhere from a couple of months to several years (some varieties are fermented before aging). The result after reduction and aging is a rich, sweet, concentrated flavor. Although it is made from white Trebbiano grapes, balsamic vinegar is deep brown in color.
Our bulk meatball recipe makes 5 pounds of beef meatballs for the freezer. Baking them before freezing means they are ready for use in any recipe calling for cooked meatballs.
Yes! This recipe is delicious with our vegetarian meatballs.
Creamy Balsamic Meatballs
- 1 pound cooked meatballs, homemade or purchased
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- Brown meatballs over medium heat or in the oven; set aside.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to pan; cook over medium heat until onions are golden.
- Add cream and vinegar and cook on low 2 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to pan and cook until heated through.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.