Week 45 Summary
Notes for this week
|Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy||Apples, Bananas, Strawberries||Pumpkin Mousse|
|Cheese & Onion Enchiladas||Steamed Broccoli|
|Barbecue Beef Sandwiches||Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds|
|Tuna Casserole||Cucumber Salad|
|Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake||Tropical Fruit Salad|
Send me the meal plans!
🗓️ Day 1
- Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy
- Apples, Bananas, Strawberries
- Pumpkin Mousse
Easy Crockpot Roast Beef & Gravy
For the roast:
- 3 lb. beef rump roast
- Salt, as needed
- Coarsely ground black pepper, as needed
For the gravy:
- 1 cup beef broth, or more as needed
- 1-½ Tbsp. flour
- Cut excess fat from roast if necessary.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast and press into sides.
- Place roast in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or until done to your preference.
- Remove roast from crockpot, reserving drippings, and let rest while preparing gravy.
- Strain the drippings from the roast into a pan and add ½ cup of the beef broth. Heat over medium heat.
- In a jar with a lid, mix flour with about ½ cup beef broth, shaking well to combine.
- Slowly add about half of the flour mixture to the drippings over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue to heat and whisk as the gravy thickens. If necessary, add more of the flour mixture to thicken or more beef broth to thin.
- The roast beef gravy is ready when it is heated through and you are happy with the consistency.
- Slice the roast against the grain and serve with gravy.
- 30 ounce can pumpkin
- 2 boxes vanilla pudding (3.4-ounces each)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, cinnamon, milk, and pudding with a beater until well blended, about two minutes.
- Gently fold in whipped topping. Mix thoroughly.
- Place in a serving bowl or individual dessert cups. Chill thoroughly before serving.
🗓️ Day 2
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- Steamed Broccoli
Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- 1 bunch green onions, divided
- 2 C. sour cream
- 4 C. Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- 1-½ recipes homemade enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 small corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop green onions, reserving 2 chopped onions.
- Mix all but the 2 reserved onions with the sour cream and 2 cups of the Mexican cheese.
- Pour ⅓ of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a 9x12 pan.
- Fill each tortilla with an even amount of the cheese mixture, spooning it down the center line of the tortilla. Fold the two unfilled sides to the center, overlapping them, and place the enchilada folded side down in the baking pan. (If the tortillas are too stiff to fold, you can heat them in the microwave under a damp paper towel or carefully steam them for a few seconds over boiling water.)
- Pour the remaining sauce over enchiladas in pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Top with cheese and reserved green onions and bake until cheese is melted over the top (about 10 more minutes).
🗓️ Day 3
- Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
- Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
Crockpot Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
- 2-3 cups cooked shredded beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hamburger buns
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until meat is heated through. Use a slotted spoon to serve on buns.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Rounds
- 2 medium-sized zucchini
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt & freshly ground black pepper, optional
🗓️ Day 4
- Tuna Casserole
- Cucumber Salad
- 2 cans water-packed tuna, drained
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups egg noodles, cooked and drained
- ½ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except noodles in a bowl; fold in cooked and drained noodles.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 1 large cucumber, washed and thinly sliced
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- 1-½ Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, and salt and mix well.
- Pour vinegar mixture over sliced cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If the cucumber is large in diameter, slice it in half lengthwise before slicing crosswise.
- If you prefer, you can chop/dice the cucumber and onion rather than slice it for a different presentation.
- White vinegar can be substituted for apple cider vinegar.
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
🗓️ Day 5
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake
- Tropical Fruit Salad
Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake
- 8 ounces rigatoni, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sautéed
- 10 ounce pkg. frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 14 ounce can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray bottom of 9x13" baking dish. Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- In a large mixing bowl, add drained spinach, sautéed onions, cooked rigatoni, cooked chicken, diced tomatoes, cream cheese, salt and pepper; mix together thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over top.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes; uncover and continue baking 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 29 oz. mandarin orange sections, drained
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup grapes, cut in half
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Mix everything except reserved juice and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar and 2 to 3 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice and pour over fruit. Toss gently to coat.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan