Week 4 Summary
Notes for this week
|Sandy’s Easy Cashew Chicken Dish||Asian Slaw||Sliced Pineapple|
|Taco Bar||Southwestern Bean Salad||Spanish Rice|
|Sweet and Sour Chicken||White Rice||Egg Drop Soup|
|Stuffed Shells||Salad||Italian Bread|
|Creamy Chicken Enchiladas||Refried Beans||Salad|
🗓️ Day 1
- Sandy’s Easy Cashew Chicken Dish
- Asian Slaw
- Sliced Pineapple
Sandy's Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups chicken, cubed and sautéed
- 1 onion, chopped and sautéed
- 4 oz roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup water
- Soy sauce to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ cup cashew nuts, chopped or whole
- 1 can chow mien noodles, separated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cooked chicken, sautéed onion, drained red peppers, soup, water, nuts, and ½ of the chow mien noodles.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased casserole dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ of chow mien noodles over the top and continue baking for 5 more minutes. Serve over rice.
Asian Cole Slaw
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 3 green onions
- ⅓ C rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- Peanuts, chopped, to taste
- In a large bowl toss broccoli slaw, green onions, cilantro, and coleslaw mix together.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and both oils.
- Toss salad with the dressing and garnish with peanuts.
🗓️ Day 2
- Taco Bar
- Southwestern Bean Salad
- Spanish Rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 12 tortillas or taco shells
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese
- Lettuce, optional
- Tomatoes, optional
- Salsa, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Cook ground beef with taco seasoning mix as directed on package. Serve seasoned beef with remaining ingredients as a make your own taco bar.
Southwestern Bean Salad
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 8.75 oz can corn, drained
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- Combine the dressing ingredients and blend well.
- Mix salad ingredients in a medium bowl and toss with dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
🗓️ Day 3
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- White Rice
- Egg Drop Soup
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, quartered
- 2 Tbsp tapioca, quick cooking
- 1-½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz can pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cilantro, dried
- 3 cups rice, cooked and kept warm
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle tapioca over the vegetables. Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Combine all other ingredients except rice in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Serve over rice.
Egg Drop Soup
- 3 C. chicken broth
- 1 green onion with top, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and add onions to beaten eggs.
- Pour eggs into boiling broth slowly, stirring with fork so that egg forms into ribbons. Soup is ready when egg is cooked.
🗓️ Day 4
- Stuffed Shells
- Italian Bread
- 16 oz box jumbo pasta shells or manicotti
- 28 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper together until thoroughly blended. Stuff shells or manicotti with cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed shells in a 13" x 9" baking dish lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon marinara sauce over each shell; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
🗓️ Day 5
- White Chicken Enchiladas
- Refried Beans
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 onion, chopped & sautéed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped & sautéed (any color)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 can green chilies, drained
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Adobo or garlic salt
- 6 flour tortillas, 8"
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- non-stick cooking spray
- Chop and sauté the onion and bell pepper in the vegetable oil.
- Combine soup, chicken broth, and sour cream. Set aside ½ of this mixture for the sauce if you like to add sauce on top; if not keep all of it together for filling.
- To the remaining mixture add chicken, sautéed onion and pepper, chilies, Rotel, and spices to taste. Add half of the cheese.
- Place ½ cup of chicken mixture onto each tortilla, roll up, and place the tortillas seam side down in a 9x12 pan.
- If you reserved half the sauce, pour it over enchiladas now.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over enchiladas.
- Cook at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
🧾 Create a shopping list
Note that any recipe scaling from the recipes above does not carry over to the starting point for the grocery list, so you will need to make those same serving adjustments below after you click the Shopping List button. To print the notes for each day, after clicking the Shopping List button, click Print Collection.
📌 Pin this meal plan