These stuffed shells with ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese make an easy weeknight meal.
- 16 oz box jumbo pasta shells or manicotti
- 28 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper together until thoroughly blended. Stuff shells or manicotti with cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed shells in a 13" x 9" baking dish lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon marinara sauce over each shell; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition per serving
Calories: 633 calCarbohydrates: 36 gProtein: 40 gFat: 36 gSodium: 1798 mgFiber: 3 gSugar: 7 g
I liked this although not much of a fan of tomato based sauces. I actually used some leftover pizza sauce I had on hand. My daughter loved this dish.
I like pizza sauces as well - I think it's the higher content of tomato paste which makes a richer sauce. You might get the same result for less money by keeping some tomato paste on hand - I have some in a tube (in the refrigerator) which seems to last longer than the canned version. Thanks for the feedback!